Destined for life

Amelia was awakened by the chirping of birds outside her window, their cheerful melodies rousing her from peaceful slumber. She luxuriously stretched on her bed, feeling well-rested and serene. Glancing at the time, she realized that if she didn't start her day soon, she would be late for work.

Rising from bed, Amelia changed into her running gear and set off along the quiet suburban streets. The morning air was fresh, and she walked briskly, relishing in solitude. After about an hour, her mind became clear, and her body felt pleasantly tired.

Upon returning home, she showered and dressed. Amelia quickly finished her breakfast and tidied up her teaching materials. As she drove to the elementary school, she smiled upon seeing children playing outside. She was grateful that her work helped shape young minds and found purpose in her job. After work, Amelia parked her car in the driveway, humming a satisfied tune as she grabbed her bag. Opening the door, a faint fragrance caught her attention. Curiosity piqued, she followed a path strewn with red rose petals, leading her deeper into the house.

As she entered the living room, Amelia took a breath of astonishment. Dominic had arranged a beautiful and romantic scene, candles flickering everywhere, and a bouquet of roses adorning the table. String lights twinkled overhead in the dim light.

Upon hearing her arrival, Dominic greeted her with a loving smile, embracing her in his arms. As their lips tenderly met, Amelia melted into his embrace, all traces of the day fading away. This man always made her feel cherished, she thought gratefully. During dinner, savoring Parmesan chicken, garlic bread, and red wine, Dominic and Amelia casually shared their aspirations. When Dominic described the house they planned to buy, Amelia smiled, envisioning a spacious yard where they could spend weekends with friends and family.

"And what about kids?" she asked, imagining miniature versions of them playing. Dominic chuckled. "I think two would be lovely. A boy and a girl, close in age." Amelia laughed happily at the scene. "They'll keep us on our toes!"

Their effortless discussion demonstrated the depth of their understanding. While some couples hesitated in planning their future together, Dominic and Amelia found comfort in knowing they wanted the same things. Throughout the meal, their affectionate gazes and gestures made Amelia feel incredibly lucky. After indulging in a decadent chocolate mousse dessert, Amelia leaned back in her chair, satisfied, watching the candlelight dance on Dominic's caring face. He stood up, extending a hand and pulling her up.

With one arm around her waist, Dominic drew her close, the air filled with gentle music. They moved slowly, locking eyes with each other. "You are my heart, my love," he whispered. "Being with you makes me happier than I ever imagined."

Amelia rested her head on his chest, her hands smoothing over his broad back, feeling safe in his strength. "But you've given me so much in return," she told him. "You are my partner, my best friend. I can't imagine spending a lifetime with anyone else."

Amelia gazed into each other's eyes, surrounded by the intimate atmosphere Dominic had created, overwhelmed with gratitude and fortune for this man. She felt complete, and slowly their dance came to an end. But as Dominic looked up, Amelia saw a flicker of surprise in his eyes, leaving her breathless. He carefully dropped to one knee, producing a velvet box.

"Being with you feels like coming home," he rasped. "Amelia, you are my destiny. Will you make me the happiest man and become my wife?" With each word, his voice choked with emotion.

Amelia covered her mouth with both hands, tears welling up, immersed in happiness. Through her fingers, she let out a watery laugh. "Yes." As Dominic slipped the shimmering solitaire onto her finger, his radiant smile illuminated the entire room, a perfect fit.

Pulling him up, Amelia wrapped her arms around his neck, moved by the greatness of this moment they would forever share. As their lips met in a passionate promise, Amelia had never felt more complete and certain of her choice. Their future together with this remarkable man seemed even brighter than she had imagined. Stepping back slightly, Amelia smiled through happy tears, her joy overflowing. He gazed at her tenderly, using his thumb to wipe away a droplet. "I can't wait to call you my wife," he whispered.

Dominic carefully slid the engagement ring onto her finger, holding Amelia tightly as if he would never let go. Gratefully, she nestled in his embrace, feeling safe and cherished. It was right.

Once again finding Dominic's lips, Amelia poured all her joy, affection, and anticipation for their shared future into a lingering kiss. His fervent response left her breathless and ignited a fire within her heart. As they finally parted, foreheads pressed together, Amelia felt a calm amazement wash over her. A new journey was about to begin—beside Dominic, filled with companionship, family, and unconditional love. Happiness finally seemed to belong to her.