Chapter 13- Princess Bedroom (Nick)

After that night Hazel Larsen has been completely avoiding me. Though she favors my daughter more than anything else. It's been a week and I still haven't had one word with her, but I have heard many giggles and conversations between her and Ela.

Hazel mostly stays outside of the house a lot. Except for a few nights a week when she promises Eleanor to sleep over. Amelia doesn't like her, she told me so after Ela ran off and Hazel went after her. I think she's just jealous Hazel has a better relationship with our daughter than she does. I don't really care though, Hazel makes Eleanor happy, and that's all I need. Thankfully she returns to Paris in just one week.

I'm at my desk when I hear a knock.

"Come in." I speak up.

Antonio walks in with a few care keys dangling from his hands.

"What's up big bro?" He says, sending me a shit eating grin.

"What do you want again?" I ask. His facade drops and his face turns worrisome.

"We need to talk." He says. "Enzo's starting to get guards and allies to support him over you in this competition you guys have with each other." I nod showing some acknowledgment while I'm still typing on my computer.

"Although I know that if you do win they will all more then happily accept you..." he drifts off the rest of his sentence. I look up from my screen to see him staring off into the distance. He does that a lot when he gets really worried or nervous.

"First off, replace that if with when. Second, yes he's winning them. But he's winning them temporarily. They're trusting him based on his words while they've already seen my actions. Don't stress about it Tóto."

If there's something my younger brother needs; it's reassurance. And I'm usually the one to provide it. He exhales a relieved breath, as if a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. He looks back at me confused.

"Why don't you marry a random girl?" He asks. A light laugh climbs my throat.

"Because he has the one I want. And I always get what I want." I admit it, Hazel Larsen is planted in my brain. He laughs out loud and holds his stomach from laughing to hard. after his laughter calms down, he wipes a happy tear away.

"Oh god. You just made my goal SO much easier." He says while still smiling.

"Wanna share with the class?"

"Nope I'm good." He responds while popping the p. I narrow my eyes on him.

"Tell me or I post the picture I have of you when you were hungover." I threaten. His face drops and all the blood drains to his feet.

"You wouldn't dare. That'll ruin every single business plan for me."

"Tell me."

"No. If you post that picture I'll tell Eleanor she can stay with Hazel at her penthouse for a week, and I know damn well you can't say no to her." My face drops. I won't be able to see or hear any of my two girls.

"Antonio"

"Nicholas"

"Fine. Don't tell me. We both know I'll find out either way."

He raises an eyebrow. "You'll find out or will Sofia find out?" I roll my eyes.

"Same thing."

"Whatever you say buddy." He gets up pats my shoulder and goes towards the door. He turns back last minute. "She's a good one. Don't ruin her." He says sincerely. I shake my head at the thought "I won't."