Chapter 5-Beauty(Nick/Hazel)

Nick

As I'm walking to my office I hear a foreign feminine laugh echoing through the walls of the mansion. I know it's not Sofia's, it doesn't sound like hers. I know she doesn't have a friend over considering she hates bringing friends over here. And she's the only girl that lives here if you don't count the maids. But even then something tells me it's not them.

I follow the beautiful harmony curious to find it's owner.

I turn a corner leading farther and farther away from my office, my original destination. And I see a brunette with Sofia. I'm hesitant to introduce myself considering I haven't made up with Sofia, but I find myself approaching them anyway.

"And who might this be?" I ask Sofia but direct the question to the other brunette with captivating green eyes and pink lips that look as soft as clouds.

Sofia rolls her eyes and answers. "This is Hazel Larsen," she looks at me as if she knows something I don't and quite frankly I think she does. "Our future sister-in-law." A triumphant smile blooms on her face as my jaw ticks. "I didn't know Antonio is getting married?" "He's not. Enzo is." Her smile grows wider.

I turn to Hazel " You're marrying my brother Lorenzo?" I ask even though I already know the answer. "Seems like it." She responds. "Why?" I ask curious to find if she knows the real reason she's here. "For an alliance between the American Mafia and Italian one." She actually believes that.

My sister beside us gives me a warning glare as if saying 'play nice'. I bite "Well it's nice to meet you Hazel. I'm Nicholas Viotto, your fiancé's older brother." I give her a seductive smile and stick out my hand for her to shake. She does, but something in her eyes tells me she already knew the brief information I just gave.

I try to remember if I ever met this woman. Maybe at a Mafia Galla or party or meeting. But nothing pops up. Every thing about her looks unfamiliar but everything about her vibe feels to familiar. Those eyes, I've seen them before. But where?. I try to think of somewhere sometime but I can't and it feels like it's sitting right under my nose.

I brush it off convincing myself I'm paranoid.

I hear a phone ringing recognizing Sofia's ringtone.
"Hello" she answer. The person on the other line says something that causes a frown to grow on her face "yes I'll be right there." She hangs up and turns back to us.

"I have to go, something went wrong at the new house. But as your way of making it up to me: can you please give Hazel a tour. Pretty pretty please" she begs. And since I have nothing else to give her. "Fine, but Sofia I really am sorry." I give her a sad smile which she returns before going to the new house. She's a professional interior designer. She does everything else when we need her.

I turn back to Hazel taking this tour as an opportunity. "So what did you already see?"
"The kitchen, the many living rooms, the movie theater, the astronomy tower, and the garden."

"Well have you seen the library?" Her eyes sparkle at the mention. "You have a library." She ask holding a smile back and it makes something in my heart flutter. "Yeah a pretty big one with all sorts of genres." "Can you lead me to it?" This time she couldn't hold back her excited smile. "Yeah" I take her hands in mine not wanting her to get lost. Yea just because of that. Shut up you twat. She follows me excitingly.

*********
Hazel

Nicholas leads me to a bunch of twist and turns before finally arriving to a beautiful library.

I look around to stunned by its beauty to speak. I look at him with my eyes asking for permission to look around with the rest of my face still in a daze. He gives a slight chuckle that shows his dimples. Nicholas Viotto with dimples as cute as can be, never thought I'd see the day. He gives me a little nod that tells me I can look around with my hearts content. And I do...for a full hour.