Chapter 3- Marriage(Hazel)

After a week I decided the responsible think to do was to ignore it ever happened. My dad called me more times then a mathematician can count in the said week. Today I finally answered one of his call.

"Hey sweetheart"

"Hey"

"Uhm i was wondering if you could meet me for the job you were supposed to do?"

I finished the job the day after the meeting. Using it as a distraction to stop thinking of my dad.

"I finished it. I can send you the information the guards spilled through text." I respond dryly.

I can hear him sigh through the phone "listen I have a proposition for you. But I think it's better if we discuss this in person. Please Flower."

I paused for a second at the nickname. "Don't call me that. I'm not your fragile little flower anymore. I haven't been for a while. But fine I can meet up at your house on Thursday tomorrow at 6." I reply without stuttering showing no signs the name still had the heaviest impact on me.

"Perfect" I can basically hear him smiling at the thought he convinced me to meet him in person, since I've been ignoring him this whole week.

"Bye" I hang up before he can respond. Not wanting him to drag another conversation out of me.

I get off my couch and place down my "Fudge Brownie Chocolate" ice cream pint on the coffee table. I go to my room and decide to get my life back on track. And stop avoiding the world because I didn't do a good enough job at guess who. I look at my bed and decide today is a good day for a room rearrange.

I move my bed from in-front of the door to the side of it. I place my desk against the floor to ceiling window. Add my bean bag in the corner, with a small book shelf next to it and a cute little rug under it. And place my nightstand next to my bed.

Other than late night motorcycle rides, this is also another form of therapy that helps more than actual therapy.

I call my best friend Luka to come over so we can binge watch Gilmore Gurls for the 100th time.

A lot of my other friends ship him and I together because "we're made for each other" but they don't know he's totally and completely gay.

He realized a year ago but we weren't that close last year so he didn't tell me until a few months back. He says he doesn't wanna tell anyone from our group 'cause he's scared they're gonna treat him differently. I told him he's an idiot for thinking that, since our group of friends are one of the most accepting people we know.

Still I'm not gonna force it out of him if he's not ready to share his little secret to the public. That would make me a hypocrite. But to be honest I know for a fact they at least suspect something. Lately he's been a little less discreet about flirting with guys and I'm proud of him.

After what feels like forever he responds.
"Sorry, can't babes. Met this cute guy at the club, wish me luck. Love u"

"Sorry to interrupt ur night, Stay safe"
He reacts to my text with a heart so I know he read it.

I decide to go read a book in my cozy corner. My brain begging for a more permanent distraction. And I deliver. I pick up one of the books I started reading and dive into a world where love conquers all and the world isn't a messed up game for fate to play.

I doze off with the lack of sleep from thoughts of my dad keeping up at night. And the last thing I remember is the image of words written with black ink on a beige-ish paper.

********

I get up early from the sound of my alarm on my phone. I turned an alarm for 7 am yesterday since I'm meeting with another client today. I press stop on the phone and get up from my bean bag.