Chapter 1-He knows (Hazel)

A lot and I mean a lot of people can underestimate how much power a woman can hold in her hands by just listening. My father protected-or at least tried to protect me from his little underworld. Spoiler alert he didn't do a good job. I've known the mob existed since I was 12, I never told anyone of course. Telling people when they asked questions what my father believed I knew: That he was just a business man in economics ,and some other lies he told me.

I was walking to daddy's room, hearing my footsteps padding against the marble floor of the mansion. I couldn't sleep and whenever I couldn't sleep me and my dad would go see a movie no matter how late it was. He usually worked late so I usually found him on a phone call or working on his laptop. I quit checking his room after 4 failed attempts in a row. As I was approaching his office I heard loud angry screaming echoing through the door running through the hallways. His screaming. He didn't sound hurt or anything, he just sounded angry really angry. What got daddy so angry? He always was so calm and had the patience of a saint.

I open the office door hoping when he saw me the screaming would stop and we could watch a movie like we always did on late nights like these when I couldn't sleep. Except when I peeked inside I knew tonight wasn't gonna be like the rest.

My dad was holding a knife to a bruised and bloody man's neck. As two guards I've seen before held him up from his arms. You could tell that man was in pain. He was as silent as a rock and I respected him for that, seeing how hurt he was. A part of my brain pitied him, another wondered what the actual duck. (daddy told me not to curse so I had to improvise)

After that day my curiosity overcame the better of me so I started snooping around his office without any of the guards noticing. Searching up his name and last name. The company he told me he worked at. Everything I could get my hands on.
Safe to say; I got a lot of information. I never told him anything. Not when I was 12 and going through his background checks. And not now when I'm secretly the assassin who he hired. He still has no idea I know a thing. And I plan on keeping it that way.

I always wear a mask on jobs so no one knows my identity. And I don't mean to sound egoistic but no one could if they tried. People see what they wanna see. And my father does not wanna see his "innocent" "fragile as a flower" daughter as one of the best killers in the country.

He's used my killing services a few times and got what he want with them, so kept using me. It's funny to think that I thought my dad was "normal".After really paying attention, I almost laughed at my blindness. The signs were so clear too. But hey, good to know he can keep a secret-or try at least.

******

Right now I'm sitting in one of the many seats at my fathers meeting telling me who and when I should kill for them next.
The meeting ends, and in conclusion: I have to kill three guys, one woman and torture 6 guards. Easy enough.

My due date is in a week so I have time to prepare. As I start walking out of the meeting. My father or Mr. Larsen, as I call him that with this mask on, starts speaking.

" Silent Shadow" he calls me by assassin name. They call me Silent Shadow because I always kill silent and untraceable. I can appear and disappear just as fast and without a trace, just like a shadow.

I turn to the man and ask "Any info I missed? 'Cause if there's nothing I would like to go spend my evening elsewhere."
Me and my dad's relationship changed after I saw what I saw. I connected and showed affection to him just enough where he wouldn't suspect anything. But I was colder, harsher both with and without the mask.

He gives a slight chuckle "No, you didn't miss anything." He gives me an amused look. What's so amusing to him? "Just wanted to talk to my favorite client."
"Mhm" I narrowed my eyes on him. Taking a mental not to stay alert and preparing for any trouble. Knowing it's not above him to ambush me.
His face straightened and he gave an exhausted sigh "Flower you can stop wearing your mask. I know it's you"

I froze Flower my childhood nickname he and he only used to call me.

My eyes widened. I knew I looked pail. My mouth opened and closed a few times leaving me speechless and stuttering "H-h-how"
My eyes getting glossy from tears threatening to fall out. He knew. When did he know? Was it the first time he hired me? What was he gonna say or do? How is he gonna react? All these questions racing through my mind but only won stood out. How? If anyone was following me I'd know. Stalking, I'd know. Planning against me, I'd know. I was always so cautious, so how in this messed up fucking world did he know?

"How?" I repeated my question out loud. Rage noticiable in my voice, not showing any weaknesses. Determined and curious to find out the answer I asked again for the third time.

"How did you figure it out?" My expression went from a wild sea under a storm to a calming ocean in the deep waters.I looked him straight in the eyes.

"Well" he finally responded. "You'd think a father would know whether a woman is his daughter or not wouldn't you?"
"Yes, you'd think so. But maybe you recognize me now,"I say while taking off my mask. "But I know damn well you didn't recognize me the past two years." He stares at me with an unreadable expression.

" I realize that.I do have one question though-" before he finished his sentence I cut him off "You can ask your questions when you answer mine. So...answer me." I slowed my words down "How. Did. You. Find. Out" I took a breath and he did the same. Then I continued. "I was precise with my movements. Cautious with anyone and everyone." The threatening tears came back. "I had never trusted anyone enough to tell them. I was always looking over my shoulder. Always on edge. I made sure my mask never fell." The tears stopped threatening me and started falling. One. By. One.

He took another deep breath. God how many deep breaths does this dumbass take? "Last year. One night when you came home for thanksgiving you went out with your friends. Your suitcase was still packed so I asked one of the maids to unpack for you wanting the stress of unpacking out of your hands." A small smile touched his mouth and I never thought that could annoy me so much."I remembered when you were younger you would alway complain about packing and repacking and unpacking" he cleared his throat "well anyway the maid found your mask and voice changer with a few small but lethal weapons in your suitcase. So out of concern she brought them to me. After that it didn't take a genius to connect the dots." he stared at me with a straight face "so no I didn't know it was you the past two years, but I did know it was you this past year."

After that the floor beneath my feet felt like it was gonna collapse.
So I ran, I ran to my motorcycle and raced through the city. It was more stress relieving than any therapist I tried to go to. It made me feel free. Like I didn't just find out my father knew for basically a year that I was an assassin he worked with.