Chapter 7- Elevator (hazel)

The next morning I woke up with the smell of eggs and bacon. I looked around realizing I was on the couch both me and Luca fell asleep in.

"Lucaaaaa" I screamed slash spoke like a zombie.
"Mhmmm" he asked from the kitchen a few feet away.

"I have to go to somebody's house." I whined while getting off the couch and sitting on one of the kitchen stools. Luca had the same shirt he was wearing last night but with sweatpants that were a little too small for him. I gasp "Are those mine?" He shrugs "no there for Santa." He says sarcastically while rolling his eyes. I forgot how much attitude he has in the mornings.

"Whose house do u have to go to?" He asks curious while putting my plate of food in front of me. "Well I'm kind of..." I play at my food debating if I should tell Luca if I'm dating or not. I mean it would be reasonable. I would be sleeping over there. And when the news comes out that me and Lorenzo are getting married he won't be that surprised. "...dating someone." I finish my sentence. He gasp and drops the spatula he was using to make omelets on the pan, before swiftly turning to me with his jaw dropped. "Explanation. Explanation now." He demands. I sigh "i don't know it kind of just happened." Which is technically not a lie. He rolls his eyes at my vague answer but drops it. He knows that I would tell him anything important or if I was in danger. And so do I for him. So when we give each other vague answers we know it's because it doesn't matter.

"Mkay but like is he good in bed?" I laugh at my best friend's thoughts. Of course that's the first thing Luca would ask. "Yeah... I think so." That was a lie. Lorenzo looks like he would be terrible in bed but great at sweet talk.

I get off the counter and head towards my room screaming behind me. "I'm gonna go get ready." I walk to my room taking a minute to take in the view of the floor to ceiling window. No matter how much I've seen it, it always blows me away by its beauty.

My smile quickly drops when I notice a man with a black mask on one of the many buildings pointing his gun at the window. My eyes widen at the realization that I'm getting attacked. I quickly go back to the kitchen relieved to find Luca sitting there eating his omelet cluelessly.

"Luca get out of the apartment and go to the indoor pool. Don't go outside the apartment building and don't go anywhere that has a window." The indoor pool doesn't have any windows. I thought he was gonna put up a fight but I guess he heard the desperation in my voice and saw the fear in my eyes. He listens and gets out the apartment. I go back and grab a gun in my nightstand. I go to my walk in closet and lock the door. I change into cargo pants and a bodysuit with tennis shoes. I attach the gun to my pants and grab an extra mask I have just in case and put it on.

I go back to my room to make sure the guy is still there. And sure enough he is.

I head out of the apartment and up to the roof top calculating where he would be before I open the door.

I open the door making sure I have my gun in my hand looking around and seeing nobody up here. Which isn't a surprise since there's nothing exept dirty cement floor and railing. I see the same guy and duck, slowly walking to the closest railing near him. His gun and body posture is still pointed downwards which is where I'm guessing my apartment is. I aim my gun and close an eye to get a better aim. Instead of real bullets my gun has injections in them so if I shoot someone they'll get injected by a liquid that will make them pass out for an hour or so. I aim my gun to aim it at his bicep and shoot. He looks at me not even two seconds before the injection hits him. Thankfully he fell on the building and not off the building. Talk about so close yet so far.

I run down the stairs to the closest floor with an elevator and press floor 3 where the pool is. I go to the indoor pool to find Luca flirting with some guy that, in his defense, doesn't look half bad.