Brother I Never Had

Okay so, what is this connected with SBG? Well, I have a seperate au, where it's just the same, but what if Ashlyn had an older brother?

Okay so, his name is Adrian (totally not my genderbent name) and he's 12 years older than Ashlyn. (Old man 💀💀 /j )

I don't wanna spoil the lore, it's too good (gaslights in a good way)

Also smol child Ashlyn is gonna be in this story and she's wholesome babey in that timeline ❤️ (before the event happened 🔥🔥)

(Totally did NOT make this au to ease my syndicate and SBG hype)

----------

Ashlyn was an only child. She didn't have any other siblings other than herself. That was what she thought.

Whenever she would mention to her parents about why she's an only child and she doesn't have any siblings, they would change the topic, which was weird for Ashlyn. They never hid from her, unless it's something that she can't know.

But she respected their privacy, and didn't ask any further questions about it. It went on for years, until it was brought up again.

Ashlyn walked down the streets, as the sun was descending. She was too focused on her walking, that she didn't notice that someone was behind her. But she soon turned her head, and spotted a tall brunette. He stopped as he looked down at her.

"Hey, did I do something?" He asked.

Ashlyn shook her head in response.

"You're kinda familiar" The man said.

Ashlyn was taken aback, as she looked up at him in disbelief. How did this man know her when she didn't even meet him?

"What do you mean?"

"Your name's Ashlyn, correct?" He guessed.

Ashlyn nodded, feeling creeped out more, as she backed away slowly. "Who-"

"Sorry, my name's Warner" Warner said. That name... did she hear it before? Someone mentioned that name, but that was years ago, so she couldn't remember.

"Your name's... familiar too" She responded.

"So it is you" He chuckled

"..Why are you saying this?" Ashlyn muttered

"You don't know?" He said, his eyes widened a bit.

"I'm your older brother's best friend"

That made Ashlyn surprised, as she raised her hands in a denial gesture.

"Woah, woah, woah there, I don't have an older brother- my parents said I don't have any siblings" She corrected.

The man was surprised, as he hummed.

"So your parents said that you don't have any siblings. Tsk, I knew that would happen"

"What????" Ashlyn was confused. She was confused with the whole situation. This random ass guy walked up to her and randomly said that he's her 'older brother's' best friend. She thought that he was a kidnapper, but a kidnapper wouldn't just wear a fucking white T-shirt and some shorts.

"Are you trying to kidnap me" Ashlyn said.

"What??? Me??? Kidnap??? Of course not! I don't even know how to steal!" He said, his hand doing a peace sign.

"That's oddly specific"

"I promise!" He said.

"Fine, you look promising" Ashlyn sighed.

"But how do I know that you're sure that I have an older brother?" Ashlyn asked.

"Well, let me tell you a long story..."

----(Flashback scene🔥🔥)----

"I'll be outside Warner, I'm almost near the door" Adrian said to the phone, as he packed his stuff. It was 2AM, and he was leaving home. Some fucking cops found out about the syndicate, and the members. So they were informing every member's relatives- including his.

His parents can't know about this. They can't. He'll be a disgrace to them. To their bloodline. To their names. He didn't want to he the reminder of their failure of a son, who joined a fucking criminal organization.

As he stood up, he suddenly heard a small noise. He turned around, and it was the person that he didn't want to see.

"Buba... I have a nightmare..." Ashlyn sniffled, her hand hugging her dog plush tightly as her other was trying to wipe her tears.

Then she noticed that he was wearing a black mask, black pants, and a blank hoodie almost covering his head.

"W-where are you going...?" She asked. "Awe you weaving, or are you going somew'ere?"

Shit. Not like this. He shouldn't leave at this time. Not when she had a damn nightmare. Warner can wait, his sister is more important, and he had to comfort her- he had to be there for her, and this is his last.

He dropped his bag, as he walked to the sobbing child. He picked her up, and whispered.

"Don't worry Ash, I'm here, I'm right here, the monsters won't hurt you"

He gently rubbed her back, as he brushed the hair out of her face, so he could see her clearly. Her green eyes, her freckles, and her face. He placed his hand on her cheek, and it was soft. He felt like he was holding her the first time, even though they always make contact with each other, but this felt different. As if he was loosing her.

"Do you want to go to bed, trooper?" He asked the child softly, as he wiped her tears away. She was holding him as if she was scared that she would be taken away, and that broke him.

"I want to be with you..." She sniffled, hugging him tightly.

"Okay, we'll do just that..." He muttered, as he made his way to her bedroom.

Once they got there, he gently laid Ashlyn down, tucking her up with the blanket, and making sure she was warm.

"Shh.. shh.. shh.. Don't worry little one, your big brother's here, I'm not leaving you..." Adrian hummed, as he stroked her hair ever so gently.

Ashlyn's eyes we're starting to droop, as she muttered. "I love you, buba..." before drifting off to sleep. Adrian sighed, as he kissed her forehead. "I love you too, trooper"

And with that, he stood up and left the room quietly. As he made his way to the hallway, he stopped, as he looked at a picture frame. It was Ashlyn, and him. He looked at it, before he grabbed it from it's place.

He went to the living room, and he hid the picture in his bag. He walked towards the door, and he left. And he didn't look back.

"Aaaand that's what happened" Warner finished.

Ashlyn froze. So her older brother left her... because he was in the syndicate?

How he left was reasonable, but why did he even join the syndicate in the first place? Is that why her parents never mention him?

"Here, you can get my number. You better get going, it's pretty late" Warner said as he gave her a piece of paper, containing his phone number. She nodded, as they both walked away.

This day was sure full of surprises.

--------

GAH IM FINALLY DONE, 2 STORIES IN 1 DAY?! YEAHHHHHH‼️‼️‼️(2/3 next one will be published shortly after this)