Chapter Eight ~ Fantasy

And It's Race Week! 

The Melodynes arrived at Region #12 on Saturday night which meant that they both skipped FP 1, 2, 3 and Quali. They kept up with the latest sports news through online. It was a road trip full with felicity. The father and daughter were going to stay at a nearby cozy hotel, which balconies can have the perfect view of the East Coast Grand Prix. It was also the same hotel her dad had stayed in the previous years. Amara could tell that by the way her father and the hotel owner's interaction. 

The father and daughter decided to go around. While Amara was wandering around, her eyes met with somebody's eyes. She lost in those pair of eyes as she recalled whom they belonged to. The other pair of eyes were also drowned into Amara's brown doe eyes. They took a few seconds to realize each other...

"Amara!!" "Vivian!!" 

Amara got up to greet her friend, Vivian. They jumped excitedly like rabbits and they settled down only when they were tired. At that very moment, Amara's dad had no idea what was going on as he looked the two of them with a visible confusion.

"Oh...by the way, this is my dad."

"Ohh, I have seen him when we first met at R2S..."

"Oh...OHHH!!! You're right!" 

"Dad, Vivian!, we met her at the R2S, remember?" 

Dad: "Ohh I remember...Good to see you again." 

Vivian turned her gaze at Amara, "I saw your racing video! It was Awesome!" 

"Uh...what video? I don't remember uploading any video..." Amara frowned as she tried to remember what she uploaded on her social media accounts. She was not the type of person to socialize on the internet.

Vivian: "The one where you race against Jackson in your school!?" 

Amara: "That one! Oh yea...they streamed live." 

Vivian: "Amara that was impressive!! You went viral!" 

"No way..." Amara looked at Vian with disbelief. "Going viral is the last thing I have ever imagined to myself" They shared a laugh.

Vian: "Jackson's kinda hot, don't you think?" 

"Uhmm...He is gorgeous but believe me, he has a terrible attitude. Every girl at my school hates him" 

Vian: "That sucks..." "And so, your team is going to compete in Drift Series?"

Amara: "Well, yes also no...we added more members..." 

"Oh okay" 

"But it's already getting excited" Amara looked up with a smile. 

Vivan "And I also have a good news to tell...I am in Lettev driver's academy!!!" 

Amara: "Shoot, Vian!! That's god damn Awesome!" 

Then, they lost control but tried not to burst out. They were fighting the urge to turn into jumpy little rabbits again. The two girls went out but they promised not to go so far from the guardian. 

"Amara?" Somebody called her with a familiar male voice. The two girls froze at the same spot until Amara turned her back and saw Jackson. 

"I thought you aren't coming." Jackson grinned. This time he had no playfulness in his body language neighter in his tone. He looked genuinely surprised to see Amara. 

"Well, I got tickers, luckily.... and here I am! Voila!" Amara spreaded her hands to make "Tadaa" pose.

"So, we are gonna enjoy the race to..."