Chapter Four ~ Struggles

Since Nikola's podium on Zulamb, Cheval team has no longer appeared on the podium.

During the summer break, Cheval team members flew to their headquarters at Imillia to check the car. Both Arrick and Nikola were working as test drivers to help the team with bringing the best out of the car. Nikola hoped into it and drove around the track for 3 laps.

Nikola: "Guys it's terrible. No matter how I wanna go fast, the car isn't going faster."

Arrick: "Yea....same thing happened to me when I was driving the car yesterday..."

Engineer: "We ARE trying our best but we still need something and tryna figure that out."

Nik: "Looks like it isn't even improving! It's driving like a pig!"

Engineer: "Nik, you can't say that."

Nik: "Why not?"

Engineers shouting at once: "It's Cheval!"

Nik: "It's a junk box, Understeer is crazy and the weight distribution is Disaster! Amazing with all the facilities and still This car won't even win a race against a turtle."

Everyone let out a sigh as they learned that it's going to be a long way to figure out the issue before setting up improvements. First and foremost thing is Safety. Racing drivers are travelling with tremendously high speed during the race and therefore, it is the engineers responsibility to build a car that guarantees safety. A car can be set up again. However, a life is priceless. Nobody is able to bring the dead to life again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The summer semester at R.U.T is going smoothly for a few weeks. Amara could keep up with the lessons and take notes during the lectures. However, assignments are yet to finish! Amara was overwhelmed by the amount of work she had to do within a short period.

Amara mostly hangs out with her classmates; Saranya, Natalie, Beatrix, Cameron and Sade. They became a hexad. They would do almost anything together such as going to library, doing homework and going shopping.

On that one particular day, during the break time, Professor Dempsey who teaches Engineering core, joined the girls to get to know them more. He asked each of the girls why they intended to learn Mechanical Engineering.

Other girls answered that they wanted to keep up with the technology and make new inventions. Sade and Beatrix said they would like to work at a space agency. When it's Amara's turn, she answered that she wanted to work at a WWR racing team. In fact, she was giving a response while the boys were passing by and they heard her answer loud and clear. One of them interrupted, "Wait...did you just say...that you are doing this cuz you wanna work as a Mechanic at WWR?" Amara said nothing. "No way guys...she is!", one boy said it out loud with a surprised tone.

The professor told them to behave; however, they continued "Hold on, do you even know what WWR is?"

"Of course... I watch every single races."

"I doubt that."

One guy added another comment. "Naur, you're watching it because of the Hot drivers."

"Excuse me?"

"yea... racing is not what a typical girl would watch unless there are hot guys."

"Look...I am watching because I like it. It's not yours to judge." To ease the tension, Mr.Dempsey interrupted and dismissed the boys.

"Why can't a girl enjoy watching a race peacefully? This isn't the first time I got told like that...so annoying", Amara rolled her eyes.

"Shake it off, Amara. You got a cool hobby and I am glad that you have already set a goal."