Chapter Two ~ Jetting off

"THE WINNER OF 3031 TECHO SCHOLARSHIP IS AMARA MELODYNE!!!"

She couldn't believe her eyes! She tried to pull herself together to read again and yes, she won the scholarship. With Triumph, she shouted and jumped before even reading the whole letter back and forth. 

"I am going to my dream city. I am going to meet Papa"  

I am going to meet my idols!! HERE I COME!!!

She squeaked with joy! She doesn't even particularly need to tell everyone that she won because her emotions says it all. She has been jumping and shouting for almost 10 minutes until she gets exhausted. 

Amara stopped everything and contemplated her life for a second...

She is going to jet off to her dream city sooner or later...

She will be able to apply for her dream University without the need to worry about finance....

She is going to meet her idols....

She is going to watch the races in person.... she doesn't need to watch them on illegal websites on the internet. 

She is going to meet the current World Champion Arrick!! 

Arrick Evans!? The Brumanian racing driver who is the current World Champion with 2 W.D.C Titles and pursuing his third one. He has signed a 5 years contract with an established automobile racing team, Cheval, which is also Amara's favorite racing team. 

Arrick is the only Brumanian driver who has made it into WWR. There are a couple of Brumanian racing drivers but they failed to qualify to reach WWR. Although these drivers are successful in other racing series, they aren't as successful as Arrick. No Brumanian racing driver has ever won 2 W.D.C in a row except him.

                                                                                    ~~~~~~~

It's February 3031, the new season of WWR is coming. Arrick Evans is looking forward to keep another world championship title in his showcase.

"I'm flying off to Sudam, mom. I will be leaving before dawn....at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning." 

"Don't you think you are going there too soon?? Others are going there next week. They are still having fun and recharging themselves."

"I'm unlike Other drivers, mom. I already had a great amount of rest...and I'm ready to be in a racing car again." 

"You are too keen to get back on track, son....relax!! You've already got 2 titles."

"Well, yes mom... but I got some works to do with the team. In order to dominate this year, we need to prepare earlier." 

"Good Luck, then. Don't risk your life for a golden trophy you've already got."

"Copy that, mom", Arrick responded with a slight smile. 

It is a 3-hour flight and Arrick disguised himself to be unnoticeable, not because he hates fan interactions, but because he just wants to stay idle for 3 whole hours.  When the plane landed in Sudam airport, his personal coach and a few staff from Cheval team come and picked him up. 

"Dude, you're so impatient. I told you that I will send you a private jet within 3 or 4 days and you just flew off here. Was the flight even convenient? Does anyone notice you on the plane?"

"A few people notices me but it doesn't bother me at all...I just want to get down to business as soon as possible." 

"As far as I can tell, other drivers are not willing to get back on track until next week. Even Nikola  told us not to send a private jet to him because he will be flying with his fellow drivers." 

Nikola Bennet is Arrick's teammate. His hometown is Kangur in EarlyCon1. He's 20 years old and 4 years younger than Arrick. 

Basically, he is a rookie driver. In fact, Cheval racing team never signs a contract with a decent driver. Let alone a rookie. 

Nevertheless, this rookie is special. He has won WWR junior championships thrice in a row. In 3030, he joined Cheval team and raced alongside with his senior, Arrick Evans. That year, he was only a few points away from wining the championship! As a result, he was acknowledged as The Rookie of The Year. 

For Arrick personally, Nikola is like his little brother; and Nik also idolizes Arrick. Sometimes they help each other when it comes to racing but sometimes, they got into a small fight. Arrick is a little concerned about their friendship because his obsession with his third WDC title might ruin the friendship and turn it into a sour rivalry. He has seen those kind of things back in the days and he really wants to avoid it. 

Arrick: "Call Nikola, tell him that we need him to set up the cars, No Excuses!! I want to see him tomorrow." 

Arrick knows that it is an advantage to get onto the cars while others are still having fun. Especially for a rookie like Nik, he could get more time to practice and familiarize with the technologies of the new car. It could make him get ahead of other rookies. 

                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~

It takes 2 months for Amara to prepare everything and atlas! On the April 5th, she will be flying across the Anteia Ocean and land at her dream city. "Dreams do come true", she thought

Normally, she is occupied to watch WWR almost every weekend. But, the 3031 season hasn't started yet so, she is no longer occupied on the weekends. Still, she got to work on some pre courses like Mathematics, Physics and Robotics. She knows that mathematics is not going to be the same as she used to learned. Amara has already expected the worse. College in reality is not dreamy as it is in vintage tv shows and she has learned that bitter truth when she reached High School. She was expecting it to look like her childhood movie, High School Musicals, but turns out it is completely opposite. 

One thing she does know is that all of her hard work is going to pay off handsomely...she knows her way is going to be rough because she is a female; but no matter what, her dreams will be achieved one day,....she will be working as a Mechanical Engineer at her dream team...