Chapter Seven ~ A Deal

That was it! Six of those girls would be participating in the Drift Series on the behalf of R.U.T 

Nevertheless...

"Excuse me, Ms...If you don't mind..." 

"Amara, Beatrix, Cameron, Natalie, Sade and Saranya...I would like to talk to them if you don't mind." the school principal himself interrupted the class to have a word with the girls. 

The girls who were eagerly jotting down their notes with their head down suddenly looked up with confusion. They looked at each other without knowing what just happened. 

The boys, especially Jack and his pack, had been extremely quiet on that particular Monday as if they didn't exist or they were existing in their own world. 

"So, we are thinking that...we want to morph the group with the seniors." 

The girls were even more confused. 

"We all had a meeting this morning and we thought that maybe, you girls should cooperate with other senior students who have competed in this. I would like to add some members into the group." 

There was a silent. Until..

"So, that means...we aren't competing just 6...we will have new members?" Natalie asked reluctantly.

"Yes..." Principal Mr. Hill replied.

The hexad had a mixed feeling. Initially, they wanted to compete by themselves... However, the school wanted to include new members. Can the school do that? 

The girls switched their gaze towards Amara. Because, it Was Amara who came up with this idea and therefore, they all were waiting for her response. 

She nodded without saying anything. That was the least she could do... she was too stunned to speak.

"So, we are thinking about adding two or more sophisticated members..."

We haven't won the championship titles in this Series for about a decade. Last year, we ended at second place. This year, we really want to win" 

"We are fine with that,right girls?" Amara looked around to see the girls if they agreed with her or not. In fact, they couldn't even deny it. They all returned a slight nod. NOT a Vigorous nod!

Later, they found themselves in the basketball course. There were a few students already seated in the middle as well as some teachers including Mr.McDempsey. There were extra 6 chairs for the girls, too. 

"Please, sit...don't worry about the lectures, you will receive recorded video footages." 

"This is going to take for hours." Natalie whispered into Beatrix's ear. 

"Yea...they aren't gonna let us simply compete in Drift Series I guess." She whispered back. 

After the girls were seated, each of the person in the course introduce themselves. Some of the seniors had competed in the DS last year. One of them said, he had competed in it for 3 years! 

"So, I don't want to make you girls think that I am bossy but the school's intention is to create a team with more members...you know, to be more competitive. The more member, the stronger the team is," 

"We competed with 15 students in the Series and ended up at the second place last year. We also made the same moderations into the team that year and we believe that it would be better we manage the team this year as well." The principal added. 

"So then, why did you organize a qualifying section? If the school is going to change the group anyway..."

"We needed a driver, who is fearless and aggressive...and we got one!"