Chapter: Two's a Crowd

Start from the beginning

"You okay, Tako?"

"Yeah, yeah! I'm alright. I guess yesterday's streams getting to me now."

She dried her hands and smiled at him, trying to reassure him that she's fine, despite the bags under her eyes.

"I'll never understand you guys and your 24 hour marathons."

"Hey, if you actually sit and watch our streams like a good fan, you'd see why it's a fun thing." She huffed.

"Infact," Kiara came into the kitchen after overhearing their talk. "Why don't you just join us whenever there's a collab? You don't have to be on stream but just being around for the fun is nice to ya know!"

"That goes way beyond my paycheck and boundaries." Cyrus laughed.

"Oh come on. Stop being such an office man."

"You guys are literally my bosses."

Before the girls could make any other comeback in trying to convince them, the maids returned and told the others to leave the cooking now that they're back and thanked the two for their help.

Cyrus managed to slip away and return to his room. In the recent days, his room has been a mess due to him building a PC of his own for quite some time now. Unlike what the girls are used to, it has extremely higher processing but none of it is used for games or complex body tracking.

He'd switch between working on the PC and surfing through his laptop. One side of the situation was already agitating him and the other was just an annoying chore. Ever since he's been met with the strange discovery in the garden, to him it's felt like he's been seeing things.

Not finding a trace of someone has never happened to him before and the garden incident has been messing with his head as of late. All he could think of was the potential dangers it poses to the house or the girls. It was as if his surroundings were mocking him by making him see things that weren't there.

Then there was the other matter of the cult. The worst hasn't happened but they now know that Myth is the current state. He needs to find them before they find him. Every call he made, every deep website he dug through, one dead end after another.

It was getting to him deeply to the point that he'd have random out bursts between his work like punching his table or simply dropping everything he's doing and stop.

Just outside his room, the reaper was standing near his door and listening to the constant rummaging going on, she had come out to complain about the noise but after hearing the frustrations simply beaming from within she stopped herself.

In his frustrations he stumbled back and nudged a shelf. A book had fallen to the floor because of it and once Cyrus saw it, he was about to snap but at that very moment, the sensibility of his thoughts caught up with him and made him think. The sight of the book made him think and now he was in the midst of making a big decision.

...

Calli had noticed the sudden silence, and so she turned to leave. Only a few steps down the hall, she ran into Kiara who smiled at the sight of the reaper, it seemed like she was looking for her.

"Hey hey!"

"Sup' Kustori?" She smiles.

"I wanted to ask if you wanna tag along with me into town."

"Oh?"

"Yeah! Yesterday I saw some people in Ina's chat talking about alot of cool records stores around the US. I did some research and a good one happens to be in the city nearby!"

"Are they still called record stores?"

"If they have recorded music and instruments then the name still implies."