╰┈➤ ❝𝟎𝟐𝟑, 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫.❞

It had been a month since I got back to work. After the horrible events happening in my life recently, Zak gave me 2 months off. I was thankful for that. I rarely spoke to Lando, only when I was forced to. 

-LANDOS POV-

i sit in the room alone, waiting for her to come and talk to me about the track like she usually did. Like she usually did before I fucked things over. 

I hear footsteps, causing me to stand up. She stands right outside the door, not looking at me. She had a Daniels McLaren themed jersey along with black flares, simple yet she made it look amazing. She doesn't turn her body to face me and looks through her clip board.

"Anything we need to talk about?" I ask timidly. 

"No." She answers, before walking away. My heart breaks as I stand there alone. "Actually I don't want to go to jail if you don't know the track well and die so I should probably tell you." She says as she walks back into the room.

I smile softly, trying to hide it, nodding. 

She doesn't look at me as we sit down. I try to sit as far as possible to give her space but end up moving closer cuz I couldn't see the computer screen. She starts to point at parts of the track, telling me tactics on how to be faster.

A knock sounds from the door, breaking me out a trans of staring at her. A Mclaren crew stood with coffee in his hands. Tom. They had been flirting non stop ever since she got back. 

"I got you coffee." He smiles.

A huge grin spreads across her face as she holds her hand out. He gives it to her before greeting me. 

"Good luck in the race." He tells me before leaving.

"Thanks?" I mumble. 

(Y/n) finishes her track talk. "Alright, I think that's about everything." 

"(Y/n)." I say, stopping her as she started to walk out the room. She turns to look at me to show that I have her attention. "I can't race knowing you're mad at me. I didn't cheat on you. You have to believe me."

"Lando, I can't believe you. That photo showed you fucking making out with some other girl." She says, sighing. 

I was about to say something, but she checks her watch, her eyes widening. "Shit, you've got to be getting ready to go out now." She says, swatting me out the room. 

I quickly put on my gloves and helmet and get ready for quali in Spa. 

I clamber into my car, feeling completely isolated from the world. Before I left the garage, (Y/n) leans against my halo, shoving her face in front of me, inside the car. 

"We'll talk after, okay?" She says. "Don't overthink, it's wet out there and I need you to drive safe." 

I smile through my helmet and nod. 

"Olivia is upstairs, she's dying to see you." My muffle voice comes out.

"i'll go up now, drive safe, Lando." She says softly, patting the top of my helmet a couple of times. I watch her walk away and sigh, driving out the garage and onto the track. 

-(Y/N) POV-

I hold the door knob of the room that Olivia is in. Lando had sent me some voice mails over the 2 month break I had to try and talk to me, telling me things that are happening in his life. He said Olivia was really sad and angry about me leaving, I don't know what to do.

I slowly push down on the door handle and swing it open. Olivias eyes direct themselves from the TV to me. She had grown up so much in 3 months. I felt my heart ache as she takes her eyes off of me and back to the TV screen. She didn't flinch, she didn't say anything. She sat there like I was a stranger. I inhale my breath slightly, walking into the room and shutting the door. 

"Olivia?" I whisper, my voice coming out quiet than I intended. 

She let's out a small hum, not taking her eyes off the screen. 

I feel my heart sting as she doesn't even glance at me. I can't leave again, but maybe I need Lando here to help. I quickly wipe away a tear before walking out the room.  

Quali had ended and I waited for Lando in his garage. Daniel comes to greet me, giving me a side hug. 

"You're gonna finally talk to him?" He sighs.

"You're acting like he didn't cheat on me." i mumble, inspecting Landos car as he parks into the garage, climbing out. He had placed 16th on the grid and Daniel was 17th. Mclaren haven't been the greatest this season. 

It was a huge step down from how Lando and Daniel performed last season. Lando would've won the championship last season, but he didn't race the last two races because of everything happening with Olivia and Claire. 

Lando climbs out and immediately takes his helmet off, grabbing my hand and taking me to his designated room.

"Make it quick, I've got to get you to your conferences." I sigh, checking the time on my phone before giving Lando my full attention.  

"Just, promise you'll listen and not say anything until I'm done?" He asks.

I nod. "Promise." I say.

"Can we sit? I don't know how to talk about this." He mumbles. He looked uncomfortable and scared. I agree and take a seat in front of him. "I'm going to start by telling you I never, ever, cheated on you. I would never do that." I nod, telling him I'm listening and he can continue. "That night, when I went to the bar, it was because Carlos and Charles had invited me out with their girlfriends, no other girls. Just Charlotte and Isa." He states firmly. 

"There was this girl there too. Claire Holt." I feel my blood boil as he says this. She's the girl he kissed. Are all Claires just pieces of shits? "She's known for trying to get with every driver. She dated Max before he got with Kelly, and then she tried to date me, tried to date Carlos, Charles, Daniel, Oscar. Everyone. She didn't care that they have girlfriends. We all, obviously, rejected her which annoyed her. She was at the bar that day and she," He inhales sharply looking down at his hands. "She spiked my drink." i feel my heart break as I stare at him. He was distraught. "Her and her cousin planned this." His sentences were getting shorter and shorter, as if, if he talked for too long, he'd burst into tears. "She took advantage of me." Each little information he revealed made me want to scream. "She took me back to her house." My heart beat was increasing like mad. "Her cousin started recording, and she was throwing herself at me." 

"Lando," I whisper. 

"No, let me finish or I'll start crying and won't be able to finish." He begs. I nod, grabbing his hand and bringing it onto my lap. "I kept pushing her off, I swear. Her cousin has the recordings. He felt guilty and he showed them to me because I couldn't remember anything. He's here, and he said he's willing to tell you the truth."

"If i see him I might slap him." I threaten through tears as Lando laughs, reaching over and wiping away the droplets from my face. 

"Ok, but I need you to fully trust me again, even if we don't get back together, I just want you to know I'd never cheat on you and I never did." He says. 

-TIME SKIP-

"Even when we drugged him and took him back to her room, he kept pushing her off." Claire Holts cousin, Conner Holt, explained. "He would push her off and would start to mumble your name. I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying but it was definitely your name." 

My heart is caught in my throat as I stare at the man in front of me. Lando was with Olivia so it was just Conner and I alone.

"You're a horrible person." I say calmly as I glare at him.

"I know, I've never regretted something so much." He mutters, ashamed.

"If you regret doing something you should've never done it in the first place." I sneer as I stand up. 

"You can take any action you want against me. Take me to court and I will confess the truth." Conner says.

"That's up to Lando." I state, grabbing my stuff from the table. "I hope you learn from this." Is all I say before walking away.

Lando didn't cheat on me, he was sexually assaulted and I blamed everything on him and I left him when he needed me.