╰┈➤ ❝𝟎𝟎𝟐, 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞.❞

-2 days later-

I breathe heavily as I take long, quick strides through the hallways of the hospital. Leon isn't well again. Worse than 2 days ago when he stopped breathing. He was in critical condition. Nothing could save him now but prayers. Hope. 

"What happened?" I choke as I push the door open. 

"We need you to donate blood right now." The doctor told me. A few weeks ago they found out that Leon and I shared the same blood type as Leon. 

I nod my head without thinking twice and sit down on a chair while a nurse walks up to me with a syringe. I squeeze my eyes shut as the needle pierces my skin and extracts blood. 

"That's enough." The doctor says in a hurry, extending his arm and taking the syringe, pinching a part of Leon's arm and pushing the blood in. 

The heart beat monitor started to slow down. 

"W-whats happening?" Leons mom choked, holding onto Oliver. 

The doctor stared at some data and the heart rate of Leon and looked down in defeat. "I'm sorry, Mrs Hemmingway, but I think it's best you call your husband. We can't do anything." 

I shoot up from my chair right after the nurse put a plaster where she stuck the needle in me. "No there has to be something." 

"I'm sorry. I've never seen something like this, it's unfixable. Even if we save him now, the same thing like this will continuously occur and he will just be in pain for the rest of the time he's able to stay alive." The doctor let out a sad sigh. 

Leons mom choked as she covers her mouth with her hand, sobbing. Oliver hugs his mom tightly, shaking his head in disbelief. 

"Mom he can't go!" He sobs. 

"Call your dad. Please, honey." Mrs Hemmingway's hands start to shake uncontrollably as she sits down on a chair not stopping to cry. 

Just as I was going to say that I would do anything until that child was awake, back in his mothers arms, breathing, the heart monitor went flat. The long, beep noise filled the silent room. Mrs Hemmingway let out a painful wail and cries harder, as if everything hit her again, with a bigger force. 

"He's gone. My son." She cries, clutching onto Olivers clothes as he ends the call with his dad. 

I chew on my nails, the pain in my throat growing. I didn't have the right to cry. I couldn't save him. I breathe in deeply and let out a long breath. 

"I'm so sorry." I whisper, the tears in my eyes getting so heavy I couldn't keep them in. I rush out the door, and stop outside in the hallway. 

My hands make their way to my hair as I tangle my fingers in every strand. My back hits the wall as I slide down, breathing heavily. I was meant to take Leon to see a race with his brother. I was meant to and now, I can't. I choke on my tears as I pull my phone out a scroll down to Daniels contact. Pressing on it, I call him. No one picks up, so I try again. He's always on his phone. This time, after 4 rings, he picks up. 

"Daniel?" I whisper, inhaling deeply, trying to stop the tears. 

"No, it's Lando." A sharp, british voice comes from the other side. 

I squeeze my eyes, as tears fall out. "Shit." I whisper. "Where's Daniel?" My shakey hand makes its way to my mouth as I bite on my nail, holding back my emotions. 

"Daniels showering. Sorry I picked up, you sound distressed. You were just calling so much so I thought something was wro-"

"It's fine. When Daniel finishes can you ask him to call me?" I sniffle, trying not to cry too loud for him to hear.