𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 14: 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜

Start from the beginning

It led you into a vast, unfinished room that according to Togs and Spinner, would become where you would spar with each other. It was your second time coming here, and it looked like it was just Toga there today.

"There you are, Dabi's little pet project. I was worried you were going to quit on me, especially after the beating that you took from me yesterday." Toga called out.

You playfully rolled your eyes at her, giving her a half-smile. "Uhhh, I took a beat yesterday from you AND Spinner, but you know me, I'm not about to back down."

"Hmmph, good. It's good to see that you're still so. . . Determined.

"Teasing me already?"

"Well yeah, everyone else is a stick in the mud, and I just get so tired of all the boys around here you know." Toga announced.

"Fair point." You sighed. "What's the plan for today then, boss?"

Sure, that epithet may have typically been reserved for the white-haired, scary emo man himself, but that's precisely why you thought it was funny to use it to refer to the short: 5'2,'' ferocious blonde schoolgirl you'd come to know. And clearly, since she never said anything about it, Toga didn't have a problem with the term being attached to her either.

"I mean, there's not a single cut on you, so you've got fast reflexes. You can dodge and run well. That's a start, but you can never seem to predict what I can do without sharp things." Toga answered.

"That's because you fight dirty." You tried to defend yourself, though still knowing how stupid you must've sounded to a villain.

"Of course I do." She replied, smug. "I suppose it might seem like fighting dirty to you, but I say it's fighting to win."

You: "Fighting to win or not, if I can't predict how you're going to attack, then how am I supposed to figure out how to apply my quirk?"

Toga: "That's just it, if you're faced with an opponent who's moves you can't predict, play a little more defensively, or at the very least, don't apply your quirk in such a niche way. Try to apply it throughout your body, and not just as an extension of one part.

It seemed like you and Toga were getting on well?

~

Still, even when you were out of that training, you were seldom alone. Seeing as Dabi had taken it upon himself to try and help you with — what had he condescendingly put it as? Anti-hero Strategy and Tactic Training. For classically uneducated individuals, the League sure had a love for cramming words together. Some of the training was more normal strategy, but a lot of it was like unteaching you bystander morals. Using civilians as a distraction. Using any means to get the job done. It was grim.

Suffice to say, by the time you'd already gone to work, your actual job, trained with everyone, and finally arrived at home, the only thing on your mind was getting a good night's sleep.

Inside of the League, Dabi was a lot more callous. Any of the soft parts you'd brought out of him, or at the very least seen were absent. He was a ruthless teacher.

It made everything that much harder.

When you began thinking of him before bed, you knew that all you were about to do was lose sleep. Losing sleep over him, and then losing sleep over Hawks, who you always thought of right after.

You still hadn't seen or spoken to the man in a couple days, which, in normal circumstances might be considered a healthy break, but for you, he was supposed to be your anchor to conventional morality. He was supposed to be your anchor to compassion and goodness, as you had begun to delve deeper into the undercurrents of madness that were interspersed within each of the various League members.