𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽: 𝙸 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢

It was late again, and Hawks was back at his desk hastily scrolling through a database for a single file; the file of a quirkless female in her mid 20s who rented a property in Yokohama, Japan, in 2016. That is who he was looking for. Honestly, Hawks expected it to be much more difficult, but in looking for such a specific demographic, his search was easily narrowed down to the two files left from yesterday.

Of those two files only one was even a remotely correct match.

(Cover name)'s file.

She was female, born in 1997. (Or so it said.)

She rented a one bedroom apartment in a highrise in Yokohama, Japan, in 2016.

She was roughly 5'7' in height.

She was registered as quirkless.

How much closer of a match could he find than that?

The thing is, Hawks wasn't sure what to do with this information. He owed it to Dabi to give him the name tomorrow, and it would jeopardise his position within the League if he withheld or delayed their meetup.

His eyes scanned further down the webpage, delving deeper into her current whereabouts.

Current Employment Status: Full-time bartender.

Place of Work: The Red Herring.

Hawks thought about the bar. He recalled that he'd been there once or twice — and it wasn't exactly the sort of place he'd picture the League spending their time in. . .

Hawks was still raking his mind on what he should do. Perhaps he could talk to the woman? Confront her about the situation? She clearly wasn't fully under the League, so he felt the odds that she'd rat on him to Dabi were reasonably low.

That settled it — he looked at the clock. It was a bit past midnight. He didn't know when she worked, but he knew that most bars closed at 2 am. Thus, Hawks would wait until a bit past then to — to fly over to her apartment.

Her apartment. Her balcony. Her apartment, to her balcony. It would be hard to determine which balcony belonged to her unit from the outside, but before Hawks could give up, he remembered that he had met the woman remarkably recently: Yesterday.

So it was her.

He looked at the clock again, and it was 1:30 am. He figured clean-up and closing would take (Y/n) an hour or so, if she was working, on top of a short walk home. Taking that into account he resolved to get to her apartment at 3:30 am, knowing that it would take him no time if he was to fly there.

————

You woke up alone in the motel room. Sure, you had expected this — but it was saddening nonetheless; saddening to see yourself in such a — pathetic state.

Your senses were dull, seeing as you hadn't even fully woken up yet. However, you could still feel some semblance of heat next to you, radiating from the empty man-sized imprint in the mattress and blankets of the motel bed.

Perhaps you were just consoling yourself, telling yourself that he'd stayed, even if it was only for a short duration.

Whatever, you tried to mentally digress. You tried to convince yourself that it wouldn't — no, that couldn't matter in the end. That none of last night did. What was more important was getting yourself home.

Hoisting yourself out of the bed, you winced at the random sores — love bites that were concentrated in the most intimate areas of your body.

Absent-mindedly, you ran your hand over the ones on your cheek and neck.