𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾: 𝙶𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝚖𝚊𝚗-𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍

Dabi stumbled through the entrance to the League's current hideout at 4 on the dot — though this punctuality, that is, if one were to call it that, was wholly accidental. And what with the other League members either tucked away in their rooms or out on business, Dabi felt like he'd come home to an empty nest.

He was perfectly content with that.

Sleep deprived, physically exhausted, and straight up out of it,  Dabi was relieved that he didn't have an audience when he lumbered through the door.

Exerting minimal effort, Dabi easily settled into his piece-of-work bed, which lay directly below  a small, boarded off window. He was just about ready to slip into slumber when he remembered that in a couple hours, Hawks was supposed to reveal the whereabouts of the Proficiency quirk user to him — which Dabi told himself he was damn ready for.

Or was he?

Barely a week had passed since Shigaraki issued him the assignment, and yet he was still confident that recruiting you would put an ace up his sleeve.

Recruiting (Y/n) (L/n); that was his plan.

As for the other woman, Dabi thought back to having met (Cover name) that night. He remembered leaving the motel room disappointed — not in her — or in the sex — but in himself. The feeling wasn't overwhelming, and could be better described as a soft nagging in the back of his mind. Staring at his bedroom ceiling, he flashed a wistful smile at no one in particular. He repeated to himself this thought: The beginning of (Cover name) and I's relationship has already met its inevitable end. Things are best done sooner rather than later, anyways.

Now he has more important matters to attend to.

——

Waking up to find another man's mysterious note was truly the last thing you expected. It read as follows:

(L/n),

Last night must've been quite the ordeal for you, and though I would have preferred to stay, I am forced to meet with the demands of a most trying profession.

That aside, I'll try to be quick with the rest. At noon, I am to reveal to Dabi your true identity.

After this, you can confidently expect him to come looking for you.

Please prepare yourself thoroughly for that interaction.

P.S. Burn this note once you've finished reading it, and one last thing, I know you can handle whatever is to come of all this.

Yours truly,

Hawks,

——

Procedurally, Hawks was out of his usual clothes to meet up with Dabi. Nothing about this meeting was out of the ordinary — save for the unordinary pit that was residing in his stomach this time around. He hated the fact that he'd gotten a civilian involved. It made him feel dirty and weak. But Hawks knew the League; knew what had to be done, and what an opportunity this situation posed for Hero society. Was he just like the HPSC? It was a question he left to himself unanswered, fearing if that was the case.

Dabi had a similar pit in his stomach, though for him, it stemmed from pure excitement and not bitter apprehension.

Stifling a cough, Dabi had regretted how much he'd smoked since he got to the alley corner. He wasn't stressed, though, he was exceptionally bored — so very bored and tired of playing waiting games.