𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿: 𝙽𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢

That was it; his big reveal. While it was true that Dabi had displayed a strong hand, you knew that you possessed a better one. In poker, the situation could best be placed as a Four of a Kind to a Straight Flush. Though, you could definitely manage a Royal Flush if you could hide the fact that you'd already been tipped off in this deadly, high stakes match you two were playing.

Contradicting your prior behaviour, you felt that theatrics weren't really your thing. Sure, you totally freaked out last night when your identity was compromised, but you were tired, near hungover, and legitimately ambushed. (Dabi might've walked through an open door without invitation, but Hawks actually had to bust in, even if it was with good intentions.)

In your sober state, you were more the type to default to a cold exterior when cornered; a poker face. You always worked super hard to appear ordinary and never worthy of suspicion in your day-to-day life — so why should now be any different?

The first time you reacted as yourself. This time you would react like (Cover name) would.

I knew you'd be this way (L/n). . . Dabi's voice reverberated in your head.

"Are you getting me confused with another fling of yours, Dabi?" You played off the significance of his use of your real last name.

"I would never confuse you with anyone else." He said, a bit perturbed.

"Then just who exactly are you talking about?" Yes, you knew where the conversation would go eventually, but there was no way you'd give him the satisfaction of getting some overly showy or ultra passive reaction from you.

"You play an impressive game (L/n), which means I won't be wasting any more of your time. If you won't admit to me who you are, then I'll remind you of who you are. You are (Y/n) (L/n), born here in Yokohama in 1999. You excelled in school, sports, and other extracurriculars. You were raised by Kazuha (L/n) and Yuna —"

"That's quite enough Dabi." You didn't want to hear your mothers name coming from the mouth of any godforsaken man right now.

You sat up from the other couch, beginning to saunter towards him. "So, you've proved that you know your shit. . ." You brushed the side of the other couch, the couch he was sitting on with your fingertips, as you moved to stand behind him. Whispering into his ear, you crouched over the back of the couch, and declared "so what if I am (Y/n) (L/n)? Wouldn't it be a pity if you came all the way here just to confirm that?"

"You're right, it would be." He said, still looking ahead.

You were slowly backing away from the couch, when, next thing you knew, the couch had come sprawling right at you.

Dabi had turned around and pushed it backwards with all his might.

With only a narrow space between you, the couch, and the kitchen island, you were forced to use your quirk to gain the proficiency that was necessary to leap over the moving couch in time. (You absolutely did not want to be squished or put into a vulnerable position at the moment.)

Landing lightly, you looked up to be met with Dabi above you. "That's what I wanted to confirm."

Unready for the closeness, you tried to push him away, and he let you.

He then walked over to the couch that had come closer to the wall. You wondered what else he'd planned to do, when, surprisingly, he began to push it back to its original position.

"Didn't mean to scare you that bad, (L/n). I just wanted to see you use your quirk for something other than mixing me up a drink."

"Scared? You're mistaken. I'm a bit frustrated is all — but since when do men know how to accurately read a woman's emotions?"