That Fateful Night Part 4.

As Roy leaves his classes, the hallways were empty. He then hears commotion a few feet away. Running, he follows the sound of yelling.

"What's wrong with you?!" A girl he doesn't know yells at another female, her belongings scattered along the floor.

Roy realizes that the other woman, is Shadow.

"What are you, fucking stupid? You bumped into me on purpose!" The other girl continues to yell at her.

"I don't like being yelled at." Shade's eyes begin to shift, her mouth curling.

"Oh shit!" Roy moves through the crowd, pushing the growing crowd around him, trying to get to Shadow

"Shade!" She pauses and looks at Roy. The snarl fades and turns into a grin. Shadow waves at him excitedly.

"Roy!" He slings an arm underneath her and lifts her up and over his shoulder, running to another school building.

Setting her down, Shadow hugs him but he brushes her off angrily.

"Why in the bluest of blue hell are you here?! I told you to stay home." He yells.

"I got lonely." She says simply.

"You have Beauty and Beast there with you."

"They were sleeping and I didn't want to wake them...I'm sorry Brother." She lowers her head.

Roy sighs and rubs her head, his anger subsiding. "Alright. All we have to do is find Daysha and go home."

"Okay, I'll find her," Shade starts sniffing the air. "She's,"

"That way..." Roy points in Daysha direction as they begin walking.

"How did you know that?" Shadow frowns, looking at Roy.

"Just a hunch, come on." Roy starts walking and Shade follows him, studying him closely.

Daysha unloads her notebooks on her desk, concentrating on the board. Roy calls her name, pointing at Shade with a wild expression. Leaving the classroom, Daysha accepts Shades hug. "Hi sweetie, how did you get here?"

"I walked here."

"You walked all the way here?" Daysha looks down. "With no shoes on?"

Shade's feet, dirty and scratch move under her stare. "What are shoes?"

Daysha reaches in her bag for her sandals, helping Shadow put them on.

"Shoes are things you wear on your feet for protection." He says as she moves her feet around. "How do those feel?"

"Weird, I never wore shoes before." She responds with a smile.

"Let's get out of here." Roy grabs Shade's hand and directs them to the exit, aiming towards the parking garage.

"Why are you in such a hurry to get her out of here?" Daysha demands, her breaths shortening from his pace.

"I'll tell you when we get home." Roy cuts in, getting out his car keys.

"I don't see why you can't just tell me now."

"Because you won't believe me unless I show you and I can't show you here."

Roy turns around the corner and bumps into his friends. "Oh shit..."

"What's up Harris, Daysh?" Nate greets with a nod.

"Hey guys." Daysha responds nervously, looking at Shadow.

They all look at Shade.

"Okay, who is the underage, jail bait girl?" Jayah looks her up and down.