7

Epilogue

1 month later:

The end of Kang Yoon-ho was cheered about throughout the city. It was an end to a dark force. Not that everything turned bright and beautiful suddenly, but it was a start to a hopeful future. The Jeons took over the Kangs as there was no other wolf with the potential to challenge the Jeon rule, and Taehyung being the Kang heir however little they might wish to accept that. The loyals of Yoon-ho were sent into exile, and those who showed the potential for change were recruited into the additional Jeon force under the fine scrutiny of Yoongi.

The wolves and pups traumatised by the attack underwent a thorough screening and treatment under the exceptional Jung healers. It was a brief trauma, but the impact was definitely wounding. The major impact had happened on the Kim family. Namjoon was seriously injured while fighting the Kangs almost single-handedly, as the omega crew was busy protecting the vulnerable; and Seokjin and Mingyu were mentally shaken due to obvious reasons. Especially Seokjin. Ending his tormentor had been liberating, indeed; but it sure was exhausting. It took him almost a week to even come out of his room and resume his daily routine. Finally, when all of them had recovered enough, the Jeons were ready to celebrate.

In the same celebration, Jungkook officially introduced Taehyung to the pack as their new Luna that evening. The crowd had gone crazy at that, especially the pups. Over a month, Taehyung, along with the residents of Mi Casa, had gradually moved into the Jeon pack-house and bonded with the rest of the pack. Especially the youngest members. He was naturally affectionate towards the kids and effortlessly adjusted to his new role as their second leader cum parent. However, as far as his and Jungkook's relationship went, they were still getting the hang of it.

Not that they hadn't gotten close. They had grown closer in terms of being co-leaders of the pack, but Jungkook leaving him alone at the Jungs, on the day of the attack, had triggered Taehyung's insecurities yet again. They hadn't spoken about it but Jungkook knew that he owed Taehyung big time for making decisions for him. He was sure to remove the unhelpful distance between them, no matter what it took. He wanted to propose to Taehyung and make him all his but he wasn't sure if he would finally get a kiss from Taehyung or get kicked where the sun never shines.

He had gotten multiple eye rolls from Seokjin, a lot of snorts from Yoongi and very sympathetic head-pats from Namjoon for his inability to break this ice between him and his mate. Or should he call Taehyung his namesake mate? Because even after he had introduced Taehyung as Luna, there was no change in Taehyung's behaviour. He was still timid and guarded around Jungkook. It was killing Jungkook every single minute. He couldn't focus on work nor could he give his 100% to the kids. He was just… Restless!

The same restlessness had got him into the pack gardens in the middle of the night. He reached the garden lawns to walk barefoot on it only to find an equally disturbed Taehyung lying there. How did he miss his scent? Oh, he didn't. He just didn't realise it was Taehyung's smell as it had a heavy bitterness to it,  taking away its natural, sweet flowery undertones and making it smell more like a cheap synthetic fragrance.

Not knowing how to approach Taehyung, he stayed there, looking at the omega quietly.

“It's creepy to watch people like this, you know…” The omega suddenly spoke.

Jungkook was caught off guard but he snorted away.

“It would have been even creepier if I had just jumped on you, wouldn't it?” He sassed while flopping down beside him.

“Indeed. Bet, it would have been a fun experience getting kicked in the balls by me.”

“Ouch, babe! I know we have no use for those, but it would still hurt!”