Chapter 26 - Mario Kart, Fishing & Noahs Hoodie

"Mario Kart again... seriously guys." I throw myself down onto the sofa next to Noah and Jolly.

"We finally have even teams where everyone can play, so yes Mar, we're playing Mario Cart. Again." Folio sasses me back handing me a controller.

Sadie, Nick and Folio have all managed to squeeze themselves onto the other sofa.

"If I play poorly it's because I'm jet lagged." Sadie states and I roll my eyes.

"That's bullshit. You've been here two days now. No excuses." I laugh.

Sadie's looking much brighter than when she first got here. We still haven't spoken about her sudden urge to come here or what happened back home and why she was in hospital but I know she'll tell me in her own time, when she's ready. 

"Sympathetic as always Mar. Thanks babe." Sadie says as she selects her character settling for Yoshi.

The rest of us pick our characters and we start the game.

"Nah, the fuck. You guys are actually all cheaters." Sadie says as she's the last to finish the game making everyone laugh.

"You'll learn that they play dirty and not fair." I tell Sadie who groans.

"That's bullshit. All you do is ram each other off the road and take shortcuts." Sadie moans.

"We said we were playing the game, not that we play fair." Jolly chuckles as another round starts up.

"Right so I just target you fuckers off the road?" Sadie points at me, Noah and Jolly as we're all the in the opposite team to her.

"Pretty much, but still try to win." Nick tells her.

"Sweet, thanks for letting me know." She rolls her eyes and we start to play again. "Watch your back Margo, I'm gunning for you."

"Ay, I played fair. The boys fucking rammed you off the road not me!" I squeal trying to stay focused on the T.V.

"Meow, cat fight." Folio laughs.

"Shut up Folio."

*

The house is quieter than usual. Noah, Nick, Folio and Jolly are all out having a "Boys Day", fuck knows what that entails.

Sadie's upstairs still in bed so I decide to tackle tidying the house a bit until she's up.

Everyone's mostly good with tidying up after themselves but things like hoovering, mopping, wiping down surface's. etc seem to be "forgotten" about.

I'm humming along to "Blonde hair, Black Lungs" by Sorority Noise when Sadie makes her way down the stairs.

"What a good way to wake up." Sadie laughs and begins to sing along to the song.

"The best way to wake up. How you sleep?" I ask as I tidy away the hoover.

"Honestly better. Being away from London is really making me rethink a lot of stuff." Sadie tells me as she follows me through the house to the kitchen.

"Like what?" I quiz but she stays quiet. I make us both coffee then we make our way back to the living room.

"I can't believe this is your life now." Sadie tells me as I pull my feet under me, curling up on the sofa. I raise my eyebrow for her to continue. "Like this is not the Margo I remember from years ago. You seem so happy. You live with people who love you, they appreciate you. I know you were happy before but like now... god I can't even put it into words. I want that. Don't even get me started on you and Noah. The fact he looks at you the exact same way you look at him. Shit Margo, it's like you were made for each other. You deserve it. You deserve to be happy after everything. I'm sorry I've been a bit of a shit friend."