Chapter 7 - We Happened

TRIGGER WARNING!!! This chapter contains abuse of a child. Please skip if this will harm your mental health 🖤

————————————————————————————

We're on the road again, I'm following the guys in my car with Cassidy. She seems so deflated today not like her usual self.

"Cass, can you just tell me what's up? I'm not digging this mopey attitude." I tell her with a laugh as she fiddles with my music.

"Well everything's fucking perfect in your world isn't it." She bites back and me and I'm stunned.

"Cassidy, what the fuck have I done?" I ask her and she shakes her head ignoring me again. She finally picks "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit and I laugh at her choice. "Nice song." I tell her but my comment falls on deaf ears.

We drive for twenty minutes, not one of us saying a word while Cassidy carefully selects songs that have a bitterness to them.

"Okay, I'm over the toddler tantrum through music. Can you just tell me what I've done that's annoyed you so much." I ask. We have about an hour and a half left of the drive and honestly I don't think I can stand driving another hour with Cassidy being an ass.

"It's not fucking fair." Cassidy says and I wait for her to elaborate. "I take you to a concert you're not even too bothered for and then you basically fall inlove with the singer before we even get to the concert, because you guys have apparently got "a connection." Then to top it all off you guys are a fucking couple before the tours even over, get a grip Margo you've known each other less than a week and you actually think you're together. As soon as he moves on from here you'll be over. Your connections probably just attraction and you're trying to kid yourself on. Oh and I'm just being dragged about the country for company." Cassidy says and I know she's upset but what she says hurts.

"Cassidy how is that my fault? I didn't mean for that to happen. I didn't even know who he was. It's not my fault that we have a connection, it's not my fucking fault that I have feelings for him, once again it's not my fault we want to try have a relationship. No-one's forcing you to be "dragged around the country." So stop being so fucking bitter. If you wanna go home go home."

"It's never your fucking fault Margo is it. You're too perfect, everything always goes exactly how you want it to. You're so selfish. Nah, actually fuck you Margo."

"Cassidy what is the issue. Honest to god I don't actually see how this is my fault."

You never fucking do. Fuck you."

"Call Noah." I say and she stares at me. "Fucking call him on my phone." I repeat.

"Call Noah." She mocks, moments later I hear his voice coming through my speakers.

"Hey baby you all good?" He asks, I quickly glance at Cassidy who rolls her eyes.

"Hey babe, can you pull over at the next service station. Cassidy needs to get out my car."

"Oh fuck off Margo." Cassidy hisses.

"Okay, there's one in about ten minutes, we'll pull over there." He says.

"Perfect. See you soon." I reply and Cassidy hangs up the phone before Noah can reply.

"So you're just gonna kick me out your car?" Cassidy asks.

"Looks like it, you can get in their bus because you sure as shit aren't going down to London with me. Kicking off like that because something isn't going your way. Go sort your shit out with Folio, don't displace your anger onto me."