Chapter 19 - Churros & Ferris Wheels

It's Valentine's Day and I'm in the house by myself writing emails and attempting to get a move on with the story I'm writing.

The guys all left really early this morning, only Noah and Nick will be back to the house tonight. Jolly and Folio are having to go further afield for their podcast so decided to make a few days of it.

My phones been blowing up since "the shit friend" incident. I've now even got people messaging me on Facebook which is really bizarre. Still nothing from Sadie, Aria or Delilah, although Cassidy has tried to call me a dozen times at least.

I take my laptop down the stairs and make myself a mug of coffee, then head outside to work in the sun. It's still early and the birds chirp their morning song. It's still so different to the birds back home but it feels familiar. I open up Spotify and hit shuffle on my playlist, "Silver Springs" by Fleetwood Mac plays quietly.

I'm humming away to my music, letting my coffee go cold as I create a totally different world on my laptop.

"Hey." I look up and see Noah leaning in the entryway of the door, sunglasses on, and a smile on his face.

"Hey, you're back earlier than I thought you would be." I check the time, two in the afternoon. "Oh... I got carried away. Why you smiling so much." Noahs hand massages the back of his neck and he makes his way over to me, sitting in the chair opposite to the one I'm seated in.

"You looked so cute being in your own lil world. I was standing there for a good ten minutes." Noah tells me and places his hands on my knees. "Wanna do something?"

"Sure, what's the plan?"

"I thought we could go to Santa Monica Pier? We'll obviously have to babysit Nick but it would be fun." He jokes.

"Sounds great, I'll go get changed." I reply closing my laptop and picking up my coffee mug taking it back inside and putting it in the sink.

"I'll go tell Nick." Noah tells me as I'm making my way up the stairs.

Once in our room I quickly get ready. I throw on a black checkered dress that's stops mid thigh, pairing it with my black old skool vans. I put on dark green cardigan, pull my hair out of its bun and run a brush through it quickly. I did my makeup this morning out of habit and it's still looking pretty fresh. I quickly brush my teeth and grab the pair of Ray-Bans Noah got me as I head out the door, along with my purse and make my way down the stairs.

"Damn, you look so good baby." Noah says, car keys in hand as he waits for me at the bottom on the stairs his arms crossed against his chest.

"You always do." I reply and kiss him quickly I can feel Noah's smile against my lips. Nick coughs from behind me.

"I just love being the third wheel. Let's go." Nick sarcastically says as we lock up the house.

"Shot gun front seat." I smirk and Nick shakes his head.

"I get it, I've been replaced." He pouts making Noah laugh.

"Fuck off Nicholas, you'll never be replaced."

                                                *

"I want a fucking churro." Nick grumbles as we head towards the pier. "I haven't had anything to eat since like seven this morning, I'm fucking starving." Clearly hangry, Nick storms ahead of us.

"Have you ever had a churro?" Noah's asks as he takes my hand in his.

"Nope, not really a thing where I grew up." I explain as the wind picks up and I quickly have to hold my dress down to stop it from blowing too high. "I should have wore jeans." I mutter.

Just Pretend जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें