Chapter 11 - More Than Like

Folio, Jolly and Nick are all pretty tipsy on Sake, Folio keeps ordering more and I'm just grateful that this time we're not playing any games.

"Oh god, we gotta get them to stop before we get kicked out." Noah laughs but makes absolutely no effort to actually get the boys to quieten down.

"How do we convince them to leave?" I reply but I'm lowkey having fun and don't really want it to end.

"We could get them to move onto another bar? That would definitely get them outta here." Noah tells me and I know exactly where to take them.

"There's this Batman bar, it's in park row? They'd need to sober up a little first. Or at least be able to act it until we get in."

"Oh they'll be able to act sober for Batman, don't you worry." Noah tells me with a laugh and we go to pay our bill.

*

"That sake was so good!" Folio says as we make our way down the road to wait for the Uber I ordered.

"Yeah? I wouldn't be able to tell." I sarcastically reply getting a laugh from the boys.

"You're kinda cool Margo." Folio says and ruffles my hair. "You can keep this one Noah." Folio continues with a laugh and Noah shakes his head.

"Shut up dude." Noah says with a smile, giving my hand a quick squeeze.

The uber picks us up and drops us off at The Iceberg Lounge. We all make our way inside, luckily they have a table big enough for us all available.

"This place is so fucking dope." Jolly says as we take our seats. "Have you been here before?"

"Nope, never. I've always wanted to though. I love the Batman Movies that Christopher Nolan did. They're insane and this place looks like it was pulled right out of one of them. Sorry I studied media, our project was The Dark Knight so I'm kinda a nerd when it comes to Batman." The guys all look at me quizzically.

"I didn't know that." Noah says and I can't help but notice he looks kinda surprised.

"Full of surprises." I tell him with a smile.

"You studied media?" Noah asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I didn't pursue it, I wanted to be a writer but I have a secret love for media. I don't know, I don't really talk about it much because people always look at me like I was stupid to choose to write stories over doing something with my Media Studies degree." I shrug because it's true. I would be much better financially and have a more steady job.

"Smart gal." Nick whispers to Noah but I overhear.

"Well I think it's cool, I also think it's cool that despite landing a media degree you decided to pursue what you love." Noah tells me with a smile.

"What's everyone drinking." Folio says as he pretends to examine the menu for the tenth time.

We all order our drinks and Nick is ecstatic when his drink is served out of the painting.

"Margo, you're definitely always taking us out. This place is actually wild." He tells me and I can't help but laugh.

We order a couple more drinks before we call it a night and head back to our hotel. The boys are definitely drunk by the time we get back to our rooms. Nick and Jolly skip arm in arm down the hall laughing like a pair of school girls, Folio walks along side me and Noah.

"Are you coming with us to Dublin?" Folio asks me.

"No, I can't. I wish I could. You guys will be fucking unreal."