Chapter 18 - S'mores, Big Tesco's & Canoodling

"No peeking Mar." One of Noah's hands is covering my eyes, the other hand in mine as he guides me where to go from behind me. I smell burning and hear crackling.

"Are you going to sacrifice me?" I laugh and hear Noah chuckle from behind me.

"Two more steps." Noah says, I cautiously take two steps forward and come to a stop as Noah takes his hand away from my face. "You can open them now." Slowly I open my eyes.

Spread out on the grass in front of me is a checkered blanket, with a picnic basket and a couple of glasses. A small contained fire burns and I notice a bag of marshmallows.

"Oh my god! This is so thoughtful Noah! Thank you." I kiss him quickly and we both sit on the blanket. "Where even are we?"

"My friend owns the house just up there and the land with it. I just thought it would be really nice for us to have a chilled night away from the house." Noah explains as he opens a glass bottle of non alcoholic wine and pours it into the glasses.

"It's so pretty here." Wildflowers peek through the long grass, a stream runs not too far away from where Noah's set everything up.

"Folio comes fishing here a lot. It was actually him who suggested asking if we could come out here for a picnic after I told him what my plan was for our date." I nod and take a sip from the glass.

"Well it's beautiful." I smile and Noah hands me a skewer with a single fat marshmallow on it.

"Have you ever made s'mores?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, again that's hella American Noah." I tease him a smile on my lips.

"Well you're in the states now baby so let's eat s'mores."

Noah shows me how to make s'mores and for the next couple of hours we talk, laugh, drink and eat until the sun goes down. I lay back on the blanket looking up to the stars, Noah does the same taking my hand in his.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask Noah still looking up at the sky.

"We're gonna do what we did before. We're gonna be us, continue to do as we please and just pretend."

"Surely now people will address it to you Noah." I sigh and he gives my hand a quick squeeze.

"I know. That was always going to happen. People should be asking about the band not us. What are you going to do about Cassidy? I think Folio just blocked her number." 

"I'll have to call her. I don't want to but I'll need to at some point. I think she's done it though. I can't trust her anymore. Who does that to someone who's their friend?" I tell Noah and he turns to face me, I do the same. "Thats not a friend." I sigh and Noah's eyes are full of sadness.

"Is there anything she could do to make it up to you?" Noah asks and I shake my head.

"Honestly, I don't think so. She did that selfishly. She wasn't thinking of me, she wasn't thinking of you or Folio for that matter. She was thinking how can I get something out of this. Folios right, she sold us out." I express. There's a chill in the air and the fires almost gone out. I run my hands up and down my arms to warm myself up. "I just don't understand why the others won't talk to me. Did I make it worse by moving?" I think out loud.

"Baby, you can't think like that. They're in a really awkward position two people in their close circle are not getting on, it's probably easier for them to take Cassidy's side because she's staying in the U.K and you've moved away. They probably knew what she did and didn't know how to tell you until it came out. I bet now it's been released they'll be back in touch with you." Noah tells me and honestly it makes sense. I don't want it to be like that but it seems most likely. I don't want to talk about it anymore, god, I don't even want to think about it.