Thursday, October 10

Let's never do the time warp again. I can't even begin to explain what happened. If I think too hard about the ramifications, my brain might melt. When I try to describe it, it's as if I'm describing something that happened to someone else.

Chloe was so upset when we discovered that Rachel had actually been involved with Frank Bowers and she just blew up. I can never talk to her when she's like this and I just get so tired of having to walk on eggshells around her emotions. She still blames William for her messed up life, no matter how much she knows she's being unfair. I can't say that I wouldn't be just as messed up. Not that I'm not in my own way.

In my room, all I could think was "I wish I could go back in time and help Chloe", and suddenly I was looking at the photograph William had taken of us on the day he died... and it started pulsing like it was 3D, like I could see INSIDE the photograph.

Then I found myself actually back in the photo... to when I was 13 years old. I was back in Chloe's kitchen in the year 2008.

With Chloe. And William.

Right before he left to pick up Joyce for the last time. Since my powers somehow morphed to this new level of rewind, I decided that there was no way I was going to let William die again. So I played "hide the keys" until he had no other option but to take the bus.

I was so happy I actually saved William. I never thought about what could go wrong...

I knew I was screwed when I came out of my epic rewind and saw Victoria Chase... but now she was my FRIEND. And I was a MEMBER of the Vortex Club. 'Nuff said.

I knew I had screwed up. And then I felt sick thinking about what might have changed with Chloe... I had a clue when I saw David Madsen driving the school bus. He sure didn't look so threatening anymore... I didn't want to know how he ended up as a bus driver instead of with Joyce...

I felt my heart drop when I rushed to Chloe's house. So when William opened the door, I prepared myself for the worst...

That's when Chloe rolled forward in her wheelchair. Paralyzed from the neck down. I didn't even know what to say, so I covered my mouth in my typical gesture of shock and stupid. But Chloe's smile was so genuine and beautiful I almost cried.

I had to adjust to everything without freaking out or telling Chloe that I actually altered time and space to save her father, but get her in a car accident so she can never walk again. The thing is, she was still Chloe. Just minus all the rage. This Chloe was just grateful to be alive and have her family watching over her.

Chloe begged me to spend the night and, of course, I did. I noticed how run-down parts of their home were, compared to before. I saw the incredible expensive equipment that Chloe now requires, including her new garage room. Sorry, David.

Even though I felt awful and disconnected, Chloe was just so bubbly and excited to hang out with me again, especially since I flaked on her pretty hardcore after her accident. Even in an alternate universe, I'm a shitty friend.

Chloe's world was so new and unique to me, especially her strength and kindness... and pain. She needed a whole pharmacy to get through the day. I didn't feel sorry for her—I felt in awe with her attitude. This Chloe didn't blame anybody for her condition, even though she had the right. We strolled down the beach and saw the beached whales that proved something bad was happening in both realities...

And then Chloe asked me to put her to sleep.

The accident left her body pretty much broken. Her lungs stopped working properly and she was basically dying a slow, painful death. She also felt so guilty about her parents' sacrifice and dwindling income. She wasn't erratic or tortured about this request, just... practical. Which made me feel even more terrible for putting her in this situation.