Chapter 7 - On the Road

'...It's definitely more abundant with Wildlife here than it is in Ilex.'

Looking around, I could hear an abundance of Sounds, from Clicking to the Flap of Wings.

I could also spot some Bug-Type Pokemon, like Caterpie and Weedle. ...But not many.

'...At least it's not as empty as Ilex was... I also don't recall there being any Bug Pokemon here in the Games, so what's going on?'

"I think they're from Ilex Forest." Via floats out of the Bag, looking at the Bug Pokemon.

"You think so?"

"They most likely ran away from Ilex Forest. That place used to be filled to the brim with Bugs, but now..." Mina explained from the Bag.

"...At least they have a good place to stay..."

"Heeey! Kiiid!"

A Voice was heard from up ahead.

The Voice came from a Large Man who... oddly enough, seemed to resemble the "Hiker" from the Games. Not an Exact Replica of them, but someone who seemed like something of a Relative, or one of their Later Generation.

"...Me?"

I panicked for a moment, looking around and noticing that Via returned to the Bag before immediately feeling relieved.

"Yes, you! Had a look at you from afar, and thought you might be someone worth Challenging! Now tell me, you a Trainer? If you beat me in a Battle, I'll tell you something about the Cave up ahead!" He said.

"...I am. ...I almost forgot there was a Cave, but, sure. I'll give it a shot. Wanna have a go, Mina?"

"Hm?" She pops her head out of the bag.

'...Now that I think about it, what Moves does Mina know?'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
{System Appraisal}
[Name : Mina (Ralts)]
[Level : 6]
[Moves]
<Teleport>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"...J-Just Teleport?"

"Wha!? How did you!?"

"...We'll talk about it later. Anyways... I have an idea. Just come on out."

...Reluctantly, she hops out of the bag, and faces her opponent with a worried expression.

"Hohh. That's quite the Ralts you have there." The Hiker smiled.

"You haven't seen anything yet." I smiled back, albeit less wide.

"Haha! I guess not! Now, my turn! Machop!"

Throwing a Ball, it opens up and a Light emerges from it, revealing a Machop.

'...Like the average Hiker.'

"...Another one? Geez, this Old Man seriously likes to tussle. ...Alright! Who am I fighting? Li'l Blue here?" Machop says, pumping their Fist into their Palm.

"That she is. Now, Mina, your Task is simple. ...Just go up." I said.

"...Huh?" She stared at me.

"Mind if I have the first move?" I asked the Hiker.

"Sure thing! Go right ahead!" His smile hadn't faded.

"You heard him! Mina! Teleport!"

"...Argh! Fine! But it's Your Head if we lose!"

Charging in, Mina goes in for a strike.

"Ha! Machop! Low Kick!" The Hiker looked excited.

Leg Glowing, Machop goes in for a knee to the gut.