Chapter 5 - First Town

"...We don't have any money..."

As I sat on the Stump of a Tree just outside of the Pokemon Center, I was in a daze, trying to think of a way to make money.

"...Damn it... Now what? We can't just Fly or use a Bike like in the Games. How am I supposed to make some Cash?"

"Oh boohoo. You're not the one stuck in a bag!" Via exclaimed.

"...Again, sorry about that. ...Do you guys have any ideas?"

"...Hey, what's the thing you're doing right now?" Via asked.

"Umm... Sitting down and talking to you guys?"

"Talking to what, exactly?"

"Well, to Pokemon obviously... OH MY GOD YOU'RE A GENIUS."

"Heh. I've been to many time zones. Old, New, you name it. Pokemon Whisperers have always been all the rage, no matter what Time you're in."

"But... now I just need to find the right person or place who would need my ability..."

"How about Nurse Joy? She always has Pokemon helping her in the Pokemon Center."

"...Well, I guess it's worth a shot..."

Lifting myself off the Stump, I enter the Pokemon Center.

Nurse Joy notices my entry and stands at the Front Desk with a smile

"Hello~ What can I help you with today?"

"Well... This is kind of embarrassing to ask, but I don't have any Money on me, so I came here to propose an offer."

"Oh? An offer?"

"Yes. You can pay me any amount afterwards, it doesn't matter to me. What I want to propose is... How would you like to know exactly what your Pokemon says for a few hours?"

"My... Pokemon? ...Are you telling me..."

"...Believe it or not, I can actually understand Pokemon-"

"GAH-HAHAHAHAHA! THAT'S HILARIOUS!"

A Random Man who was sitting in one corner of the Center was listening in on our conversation.

"...What's so funny?"

"Ha~... Listen, Kid. If you can actually speak to Pokemon, then tell me, what does my cute little Cubone here have to say?"

Taking out a Pokeball, he brings out his Pokemon, Cubone.

"...A Fight? No, we're in a Poke-Center. Master wouldn't do this sort of thing. So, what is it?" The Cubone already began to speak.

"Uh... Sorry, not a Fight. I said I could talk to Pokemon, and your "Master" here wanted me to prove it."

"Hah! As if you could..."

...Immediately getting a serious look, he stares at me.

"What the hell?"

"...Surprised?"

"Hey, what's he saying? I bet all the things you're saying are just a made up conversation. Completely fabricated. It's all just a Sca-ACK!"

Cubone hit him over the head.

"Shut up you nitwit! The Kid can actually understand me! Unlike some Ungrateful Trash who throws his Pokeball and brings me out for every little thing!"

"You... Cubone! What is wrong with you!? What's going on!?" The Man was confused.

"Uh... He's kinda just... pissed at you?"