Chapter 18 - Adventure...

'...So much for "Adventure"...'

We've been walking for more or less 6 Hours now, and have encountered next to No Pokemon on our paths, let alone Trainers...

...It. Was. BORING.

...But, it was also odd.

While it was definitely just as boring when we traveled through Routes before, there was always the distant sound of Pokemon, or the occasional pair of eyes watching us curiously...

...But right now, the Trees are Dead Quiet, and not even the Bird Pokemon were flying high above.

"...Hm?"

In the distance, a Familiar Face appeared, along with multiple others.

"...Ampharos?"

"Huh!? O-... Oh. You are... the Human from that time..." Ampharos said.

"I believe your name was... Alay, right? I see your Children are all safe. Glad to see you didn't bump into Team Rocket. How have you been?"

"W-We are doing well. ...But..."

"...This Forest is a bit Empty, right?"

"Very. It's strange how Lifeless this Forest is. It's never this Empty, especially at this time of Year."

"This Time of Year? What is it usually like?"

"It's usually filled with Various Types of Pokemon, most of which are Electric-Type, and we head over to a certain area within the Forest."

"Electric Pokemon? What are Electric Pokemon doing in the Forest?"

"We all gather for a sort of Annual Event for us Electric-Type Pokemon. We like to meet up together, even the Rarest of us, and worship the Legendary Pokemon, Zapdos, Raikou, and Thundurus."

"Zapdos, Raikou, and Thundurus... Have you ever seen them?"

"I've spotted Zapdos before, but only from a Distance. As for Raikou and Thundurus, I'm afraid I've only heard stories."

I feel a tap on my cheek, and I turn a little to look at Mina.

"Who's Zapdos? And the other Two..." She asked.

"Ah, Zapdos is one of the 3 Legendary Birds, along with Articuno and Moltres. Raikou is similar, being one of the 3 Legendary... Dogs. ...They exist alongside Suicune and Entei. Finally, there's Thundurus who is part of... Uh... ...Was it the Kami Trio? ...Whatever it was, they're part of the Trio with Tornadus and Landorus."

"Ohh..." Mina seemed interested.

"You seem to know a lot about Pokemon. Do you Study them?" Alay asked.

"I know a lot, but not because I study them. I've liked Pokemon ever since I was Little, so I tend to just Absorb the Knowledge." I said.

"Ohh. How about-"

A Loud Rustle sounded from next to us.

Before we could even react, a Giant Net flew over us, covering us completely.

"What the- Hey!"

More Rustling came from the Bushes, then two Figures appeared...

...All the more Familiar.

"...Why the hell are YOU here?" Kane, the Team Rocket Member, asked.

"Well~ If it isn't my favorite CHEATER!" Bonnie, the other Rocket Member, said.

"...Am I the only one who thinks this is too much of a coincidence? Like, why is it SPECIFICALLY You Two?" I said, clearly annoyed.

"You're telling me. I was just following this Pokemon Detector over here." Kane pointed to Bonnie with his thumb.