"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Lloyd asked for the seventeenth time.

"Of course not," Y/n said bluntly. "But I can't even think straight right now, so maybe you should ask someone else."

He sighed, exasperated. "Y/n, you're seriously hurt."

"And I'm seriously coming," she countered. Her tone softened when she met his concerned gaze. "I'll be careful," she assured him. "I promise."

From the cockpit of their helicopter, Pixal informed, "We're hovering over the heart of the attack now."

Cole and Kai were the first to jump, shouting their thanks to Pixal as they went. Nya, Jay, and Zane followed soon after. As Y/n stood at the open side of the helicopter, she looked down over the distressed streets of Ninjago City. Serpents of lava slithered down the sidewalks, spitting balls of fire.

The ground was starting to look a little far away.

Y/n was dizzy from the height and about to lose her balance when a hand caught hers. She gripped Lloyd's hand for dear life as she steadied herself. He gave her one last glance of "are you sure about this?", to which she nodded firmly. They took the leap together, breaking their falls with a burst of airjitsu.

whispers of "are you sure?" :)

Citizens screamed fiery murder and sprinted away from the flaming snakes around them. A line of police cars offered their only defense, but the commissioner seemed to be out of tricks. That was when the ninja crashed into the scene.

"Hang on, guys!" Cole shouted as he jumped clear over the barricade, sending a ridge of rocky spikes shooting up from the road when he landed on the other side. A serpent was thrown into the air by the attack.

Lloyd smirked as green light danced between his hands. "How about a fair fight?"

He shot a trio of cobras, resulting in an explosion of light that would've been beautiful if it didn't give Y/n such a killer headache. She ducked beneath a fireball, feeling the heat singe her hair as it rushed over her head. She rushed forth and slashed the cobra culprit in question in half. It disappeared in a fury of scarlet flames.

Meanwhile, Zane froze another snake where it stood (could snakes stand?) with his powers. Cole enveloped his fist in elemental energy before punching a cobra to dust.

With a running start, Y/n leapt off the top of a pickup truck and sliced through two more snakes. She landed with a somersault on the pavement, wincing at the sharp sting of her ribs.

"Nya!" Lloyd called over the chaos. He vaporized a cobra with a beam of energy. "Can you get us some water?"

"I'll try!" she cried back. "Y/n, cover me!"

As Nya made a dash for the fire hydrant, Y/n swooped in to slash aside the snakes that rushed toward her. She spun into a tornado of spinjitsu to deflect the fireballs that came soaring at them. Nya kicked the top off of the hydrant and pulled a torrent of water from the ground, using it to wash away the cobras that surrounded Lloyd.

Somewhere to the side of the road, Kai jumped in front of two cornered civilians. "Pick on someone your own size!" he shouted, throwing his hands up to conjured columns of fire. Nothing happened.