Chapter Sixty-three

- It's just better to forget him... -

That night I lay in bed tossing and turning, trying to get some sleep, but I just can't get the images of Ben getting shoved into the maze out of my head. Every time I close my eyes I see his terrified face as the doors closes in front og him, still hearing his screams echoing in my head.

I then sit up in my bed, slipping on my boots before heading out of my hut, to go try clearing my head, and as I'm walking around I see Gally and two other Gladers walking over to the walls to scratch out Ben's name on the wall, before I look around at all not boys sleeping in their hammocks, and I see Thomas and Chuck still up so I slowly make my way over to them trying not to wake up any of the other guys.

"Hey..." I whisper as I walk up to Chuck and Thomas, who is sitting in their hammocks watching Gally cross out Ben's name on the wall. "Can't sleep?" Chuck asks, looking up at me. "No," I reply sitting on the ground in between Chuck and Thomas's hammocks, "Every time I try closing my eyes, all I see is Ben's face right before the doors closing" a shiver running down my spine as the images flows through my mind.

"Do you think he might make it?" Thomas then asks looking over at the walls, "Ben?" Chuck asks Thomas as he looks over at him, before looking over at the walls, Thomas looking down at me. "No." Chuck then adds "It was pure luck I even survived" I then speak up as they both look down at me.

"You just gotta forget about him" Chuck then tells Thomas before turning around to try get some sleep, and Thomas and I just sit there in silence looking around at everyone, as my eyes land on Alby sitting on his bed with a book in his hands, staring at the walls.

"Well, I think I'll try get some sleep as well" I then say after some time, as I get up from the ground, before walking back to my hut, but no matter what I do or try I just can't seem to get the images of Ben getting pushed into the Maze out of my head.

I toss and turn in my bed, trying to find a comfortable position, but my mind is just racing with thoughts and images of what happened to Ben. After what seemed like hours of restless sleep, I finally drift off into a deep sleep.