16

Pablo felt his eyes starting to hurt from the flashing light. He didn't like the idea of exploring the night life of Doha right away, but for some reason he couldn't refuse his friend. Sitting here at the table, while everyone else was on the dance floor nearby, the guy was ready to fall through the ground. Gavi couldn't even imagine that he would be so uncomfortable. He couldn't find a place for himself. Fortunately or unfortunately, drinking was not in his rules, he didn't like to dance and didn't know how to, so the only thing he had to do was to sit here and involuntarily guard the things of his friends.

His only entertainment, no matter how strange it may sound, was to watch after her. After Sarah, to be more precise. While everyone was dispersing around the dance floor, the girl was in the epicentre of events. Smoothly shaking her hips, she stepped from foot to foot to the beat of the music, throwing her head up and hugging herself with her hands. Neon lights ran through her body, perfectly outlining her figure. Literally a delight for the eyes. Pablo, no matter how hard he tried, couldn't look away. His cheeks were burning with shame that he was watching her so shamelessly and openly, but he couldn't overcome his own curiosity.

Maybe he didn't quite hate her. So, he was pretending. Great acting.

Only Pablo thought about approaching her, overcoming all his shyness and uncertainty, as he noticed that some guy began to spin around the girl. The football player gets up from the couch to see this picture better. It seemed that he would be clearly superfluous at this holiday of life: the two quickly found a common language, drawing each other into a dance. Clenching his fists, Gavira quickly realised who it was. Nico Gonzalez. If that's what you say, his friend.

— Hey! — Sarah screams to be heard through the music. — What's your name?

— Niko! — the guy smiles charmingly, taking her hand so as not to miss it. — And you?

— Sarah.

They knew each other, after all, the years in La Masia made themselves felt. But now, under the influence of alcohol and the atmosphere of a nightclub, both of them seem to have lost their memory. Maybe the next morning the girl will regret what's going on here, but now she didn't care much about it. Niko was quite cute, he felt with confidence, so why not have fun?

— Hey, — Pedri pushes his friend to the side, falling on the sofa next to him. — Why are you hanging?

Pablo felt his teeth creaking unpleasantly. Why does he react like that? After taking a couple of breaths and exhalations, the guy squeezed out something like a smile.

— I'm tired. When are we back?

The time has long passed three o'clock in the morning, and it's high time for everyone to be in their rooms and sleep. The company, who was around the club, began to gather around its table. Everyone, except Sarah, which is not surprising.

— Where is she? — Ada falls on the couch next to Pedri, hugging him by the shoulders. From such an unexpected touch, the football player recoined slightly. — Sarah? Where is Sarah?

Pablo silently nods towards the dance floor, where the girl communicated so nicely with Nico, laughing and throwing her head. To say that Gavi didn't irritate it is nothing to say.

— We need to go after her. — Balde falls to the glass again, covering her eyes tiredly.

Gavira demonstratively rolls his eyes in order not to see this beautiful picture.

— Come on, Pablito. — Ferran pushes the midfielder in the shoulder. — Remind her that childhood time is long gone.

Pablo was ready to do anything to avoid going there. But everyone else was already tired on the couch and clearly wasn't going to go up. Shit.