11

Pablo will probably remember this day for the rest of his life. A day that will haunt him like an eternal nightmare for the rest of his life. Sitting here in the hospital wing, the walls of which were blindingly white, Gavi tried not to blame himself for what happened a couple of hours ago. So far it hasn't worked out well.

He turned eighteen. Oh, how Pablo was happy. He has plans. He will pass his license and can go to clubs with friends. Coming of age actually opened up a ton of opportunities. Gavira was truly happy. The guy just recently returned from a tour of America with his team. These were completely new emotions and the sensations were simply indescribable. He was ready to start training again with renewed vigor in order to prove himself even more. But this meant that he would again see Sarah constantly.

Sarah. It was so strange to think about her, and even stranger to say her name, even to himself. Sarah Hernandez Santana. During his entire absence, Gavi did not say a word to her, and this seemed absolutely normal. But for some reason he was ashamed to even just look into her eyes. While he was in America, the guy saw how her team played and how well they did without her. He understood perfectly well that at one moment all this would break her into pieces, and it would be impossible to fix anything, but he still did not want to interfere. And now he was struggling with a feeling of shame. As if it was his fault that she was suspended. Nonsense.

Pablo was afraid to see her. Every time he and Sarah did not see each other for too long (and for them, as for people accustomed to involuntarily seeing each other every single day, absolutely any period of time was considered long), the guy noticed some changes in her that frightened and delighted simultaneously. And he really didn't like catching himself in the strange thought that he was looking at her. Nonsense, more nonsense.

But he saw her earlier than on his birthday. The news that Sarah was reinstated, albeit in disgrace, completely interrupted all the excitement of his coming of age. And no matter how interested Pablo was in her appearance, no matter how much he wanted to see her, he remembered why he hated her. Because she was always the center of attention. And sometimes he even liked it.

Sarah looked more confident than before.
Even for Pablo it was noticeable. He liked the way the new uniform fit on her, and for some reason the leg warmers were shorter today than usual, exposing the tanned skin of her legs. She would be a charm if it weren't for the demons jumping in her eyes. He saw her as Hernandez tied her locks of hair with a tight elastic band as she entered the field where a friendly match between the women's team of "Barcelona" and "PSG" took place. Of course, this is not how Pablo expected to spend his coming of age, but still.

She smiled at him. Not the way he expected. Cold and distant. They have fallen back to where they started this summer. Is this really true? Will... will they really hate each other again?

Sarah played completely differently, favoring her style of play too much over everyone else. It was not clear whether training with men's team influenced her that much, but the difference was very obvious. It was very strange that Fran returned her so soon after their arrival, and even put her in the attacking midfielder position - practically what she craved. Now everyone has brought it on a silver platter special for her, but why? Pablo did not always dare to voice his thoughts out loud, so now he decided to remain silent.

She scored a goal. Pablo feels a warmth spreading inside him because of how pleasant these emotions are to him. The boy jumps up from his seat along with the rest of the crowd and begins to applaud vigorously. Only now the girl celebrated the goal in a completely different way, not at all the way Gavi would have done if he had been in her place. Her face does not express any emotion, as if this was some ordinary action. Sarah runs up to the stands, just to the sector where Pablo was sitting. His legs begin to cramp from nervousness.