12

Step. Another one. More and more. Finally, the girl leans against the wall and exhales heavily. About a month had passed since the girl fell down the stairs, and the recovery process was quite difficult. Sarah has already missed several weeks of matches, but most importantly, the World Cup qualifiers. Of course, she understood that after her statement against the coach, the path to the national team was closed to her, but her heart still sank heavily as soon as she remembered this.

But Hernandez didn't give up. On the contrary, this strange and absolutely inexplicable desire settled in the girl to prove to everyone that she had not yet dropped out of the game. She wanted to recover as quickly as possible. At any cost. And don't care about the consequences.

Everyone understood that this was the wrong position. From and to. Eric has already refused to be her personal driver in an attempt to create unnecessary problems for her. Ada had to persuade the security to block her entry to the training center. Fermin acted less radically: he simply tried to spend more time with her and distract her as much as possible. It turned out bad, of course. Hernandez Jr. visited a physical therapist, and once the sessions were over, she would stay for half an hour so that her conscience would not torment her. She's doing everything she can, isn't she?

A couple of days ago the cast was removed from her leg. The feeling, of course, is simply indescribable. Sarah squealed with joy, although only briefly. At some point there was a feeling that she was learning to walk again. And that was the hardest thing.

— Are you okay? — Pablo asks, literally jumping out of his chair as soon as he saw that it was becoming harder for the girl to move. — Sarah?

They're all gathered here in the Hernandez's house, in her room, and only Pablo did not understand how he ended up here. The guy wanted to be close to Sarah, because he was terribly ashamed of what happened on his birthday. He still blamed himself for what happened, which is why he wanted to be there to support her, even if she didn't want it herself.

— Everything is fine. — the girl hissed through her teeth, trying to control her ragged breathing. She immediately extended her hand, stopping Pablo, as soon as she realized that the guy wanted to approach her. — Stay where you are.

Gavira raised his hands in a sign of surrender. Yes, their relationship got really complicated after his birthday. The guy seemed to be trying to correct it, but Sarah did not immediately make contact. She needed time, and he understood that perfectly. He will give it to her as long as she needs it.

— Do you need help? — Adelaide arched her eyebrow suspiciously, trying to figure out whether to stop this strange "experiment", where Hernandez tried to prove to everyone that she was ready to play. And the fact that it was still difficult for her to walk did not bother her one bit. — Fermin, help her.

The guy rolled his eyes dramatically, rising from the bed, causing a disgusting creak to be heard throughout the room at the same second.

— She is alright. — Lopez stopped halfway, turning on his heels. — Look at her.

— Insure her. — Iglesias orders and folds her arms across her chest.

— Maybe you stop talking as if I'm not here, hmm? — the girl sighs languidly, removing her hand from the wall. She wanted to continue walking, but at the last moment she leaned incorrectly on her leg and immediately screamed.

— Fermin! — Adelaide raises her voice, urging the guy to do at least something, but he doesn't have time to get his bearings because of how quickly everything happened.

Sarah breathes heavily as she realizes whose hands have just been on her waist. The girl tries to look away, but it doesn't work out well. Very bad. Pablo's grip was strong, almost too strong. An unreal heat was felt from his palms, as if those areas of bare skin that he touched were literally melting. His proximity was damn confusing, so unknown, so... attractive, I guess.