03

The girl practices kick after kick, unable to stop. Sarah wanted the coach to finally make her not just a defensive midfielder, as was usually the case, but at least a "false nine". She is tired of not being put in the position she feels most confident in, and her opinion isn't listened to at all. Sometimes she did not even understand why she was trying so hard if all this was in vain?

And Gavira didn't even have to open his mouth to be put in the place of the "false nine". And where is the justice here?

Nearby Adelaide, one of the youngest forwards on the women's team, falls onto the grass. The girl wanted to rest while Sarah did not even think of stopping. Lounging on the ground, forward pulled off her tightly tied boots to allow her legs to relax. Finally, spaniard also followed her, not forgetting to take a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

— Fran is going to change the scheme to the nearest friendly match. — portuguese woman sighs, running her hand over her sweaty face. — He wants to give Alexia a rest and try something new, while it is possible without loss.

There is hope in Hernandez's heart. Maybe they will put her in Alexia's place? Of course, this is very presumptuous. What is she, and what is Alexia Putellas herself. She was someone Sara looked up to. She was what Sarah longed for. But still... who else would Fran put in that position besides Sarah? Seriously. There are no other options but her, other than Sarah Hernandez.

— Fran wants to try you in defense. — Ada finally whispers, still unsure if this conversation was even worth it. — As a central defender.

Sarah smiles wryly. Defender? Seriously? Seriously, she had never tried being a defender in her life, except in early childhood. She did not like to hang around the gate and just make sure no one slip past her and score such a desired goal. It's not her prerogative. Sarah wanted to be ahead of the rest, ahead of everyone in her path. She wanted to close the attack, send the ball with her accurate shot right into the corner of the gate. What Adelaide was telling her was not what she had dreamed of for so long.

The girl goes to the coaching staff. It was quite easy to find him. It was enough to walk past the locker rooms. Fran Sanchez, coach of the Barcelona women's team, sat in his office, and Alexia, the current captain, stood next to a huge magnetic board. Indeed, it is very difficult not to notice them. Putellas was actively proving something to Fran, smoothly moving the magnets with the photos of the players on the board. Hernandez quickly finds herself: this photo was taken at the semi-finals of Euro a couple of years ago, it was a match against the English team. Really terrible match. Sarah'll always remember this with hatred due to the fact that after this match she spent half the summer with plaster. But what happened then didn't matter now. What matters is what happens now.

Alexia frowns again at the next words of the coach. It was inconvenient to watch the whole picture like this, almost hearing nothing, but Sarah could not enter until she had some specific reasons. Finally, the captain picks up a magnet with the image of a girl - she was standing in the place of the defensive midfielder, her usual position - and quickly puts her in the place of the central defender. That's it. Adelaide did not deceive her when she told her about it. And, it turns out, all her efforts were in vain.

Sarah feels how her blood slowly begin to boil in her veins, and she immediately bursts into the room. Of course, no one expected her appearance here, and Alexia froze in place, not completely attaching the magnet to the board.

— I want to be a false nine. — the girl blurts out in one breath, tightly squeezing her lips. Everyone present still did not fully understand what was happening. — Put me on.

— Listen, Sarah, — Fran folds his arms over his chest, watching with interest. — in the summer we have a great opportunity to try players in new positions without damaging the club reputation, and we would like to try you. But not as a striker.