08

Pablo kicks the ball tiredly and waits for Ferran to accept it. There was very little time left before they'll go to America for friendly matches, and for some reason Gavira was worried. Probably, every day of his life at Barcelona brought some kind of excitement, he just couldn't get used to it. Here it is, next to the main team of Barça, where the legends of football play, who Pablo admires every single day. He is praised by Xavi, and God, he is even compared to Xavi! Looking back, Pablo Gavira could say with confidence that he achieved everything he dreamed of.
Only he still doubted that this all happened to him.

Ferran throws the ball into the air, touching it only with the toes of his boots, and begins to slowly hit it. Gavira almost immediately sits down on the grass, wiping his damp locks of hair with his palm. Probably, everyone present did not take these trainings particularly seriously because of the wonderful feeling of summer, and Pablo was among such people. He knew that today he would probable return home very soon. There will be his parents and a delicious dinner waiting for him, Aurora will tell all sorts of funny stories about the kids from her practice, which will make Pablo laugh until his stomach hurts. Then Belen will ask to visit the Hernandez family, or vice versa - they will come to Gavira's house. He and Eric will probably play the PlayStation and tell some strange jokes, as usual, and he will again see the displeased face of the younger Santana. As usual.

Pablo knew something was probably going on. But some moments still eluded him. He didn't know why she came to talk to Xavi and about what, but he still guessed what was behind it. He had no idea why she fought with Alexia, although he was at training at that moment. He didn't understand red headlines and he read them, passing through himself, as if he saw only a set of letters. He didn't understand why she wasn't taken to the national team and he suspected how painful it was for her. He wasn't there when everyone tried to support her, and he knew that his presence would only make things worse.

The guy gets up from the ground and tries to return to training, but all his thoughts are occupied with the fact that he did something wrong. He keeps jumping and jumping onto a small bench, doing half squats, until a pleasant pain begins to radiate from his thigh biceps. Pablo could see that some of the guys had already finished, idly rolling the ball around or getting ready to leave, but Gavira felt he should stick around. As if these exhausting hours had not completely knocked the stupid thoughts out of his head. He notices that he is alone when a worker calls out to him and asks if he needs more cones.

Pablo rounds the last one and in one motion sends the ball to the man, who quickly stops it with his foot. The understanding quickly comes to his mind that he should call it a day, but the guy didn't want that at all. The cool evening air climbed under the windbreaker, pleasantly tickling the skin, and I didn't want to go anywhere. The setting sun cast its last rays on the field of the training center, painting the sky. The man collects the remains of his equipment and leaves, leaving the guy alone. Pablo understood that it was time for him to go too. If he takes a shower right now, changes his clothes and orders a taxi, he might be in time for dinner. But Xavi catches his eye, standing at the window of his office and watching Pablo, so Gavira understands that she should go see him.

The door creaks when the guy enters the office. Out of nervousness, the guy fiddles with the edges of the sweatshirt, pulling and pressing the thick layer of fabric with his fingers. The silhouette of the Barça head coach was a little cloudy in his eyes due to the darkness in the room.

— Have a seat, Pablo.

Xavi's figure in Pablo's eyes has always been absolutely the greatest. He looked at him as if he was God, admiring his every action. Even now, having already spent more than a year under the leadership of the spaniard, Gavira felt an inexplicable thrill every time he was near him.