02

Sarah feels how the world flew out from her feet. She looks around at everyone present with stunned eyes, tries to calm down, but she does not succeed. Eric takes her hand under the table, and the coldness of his fingers instantly sobers her. He knew she wasn't feeling well, but he couldn't do anything right now. The girl starts to breathe heavily.

This idiot is going to the World Cup.

God, she even couldn't have dreamed of such a thing. Well, she slept and dreamed about how she would represent her country at such an important event. And she knew that this would not happen soon, because you need to grow up for this. And then Belen with a wide smile on her face says that her beloved son will go to Qatar, and she even invite the whole Hernandez family with them.

Fuck him.

She feels the gaze of Sergio, her father, on her, which screams: calm down, calm down immediately. Sergio Hernandez was the only person she didn't dare to argue with. Never. No matter how angry she was, no matter how much she wanted to destroy everything around and scream from her own helplessness, one look from her father was enough to close her mouth and throw the key away. Right now it just doesn't seem to work.

— Sunny, — Alba holds her hand across the table, but Sarah does not move. — How glad I am that we are finally going to relax together! And at the same time support our dear Pablo!

— I'm not going anywhere. — the girl minted syllable by syllable, immediately looking for the gaze of her father in order to understand how bad everything is.

She doesn't care what he thinks. She doesn't care what he says. There's no way she's going to scream that lousy bastard's name and support him. And, moreover, spend her precious time on it. They won't force her, Sarah won't do it.

Alba was shocked. Of course, she was already used to her daughter's constant antics, but not like this. So aggressive and indecent, and even with her best friend. This was out of bounds.

— You will. — Sergio replies in an icy voice, clenching his fork in his hands. — And it won't be discussed.

Gavira feels how his cheeks quickly blush. He often became the cause of arguments in the Hernandez family, and he somehow got used to it. It just wasn't so much fun right now, and he somehow felt sorry for Sarah. With all due respect, his reaction would have been exactly the same in such kind of situation, so now he even unwittingly was on her side.

— I won't. — girl stands up, yanking her hand out of Eric's grip. Her elder brother instantly raises his eyes to hers. For the first time, he saw her so angry and did not understand what to do now.

— Sarah, my dear... — Alba tries to intervene, but one look from her husband was enough to silence her. He didn't like what his daughter had done, and he was determined to stop it.

— It's not up for discussion, Sarah.

Gavi looks at her again. Incessantly, afraid to miss something. He quickly noticed how nervously she wrung her fingers on her trembling hands, how she bit her lower lip, how she barely managed not to scream. It was strange to see her in such a state, when she had practically no control over herself. Even on the field, her anger was under her control and directed right. Now it was different, and he didn't know how to help her.

— I'm not going... — girl lingers her gaze on Pablo, who is looking at her with his puppy eyes. — I'm not going to go to Qatar and cheer for him.

Hernandez leaves the table, knocking over her chair involuntarily, and quickly makes her way out of the house to the backyard. There is silence at the table for a while, and then Belen suddenly begins to apologize. Of course, she suspected that Sarah would be unhappy, but she did not expect such a reaction from her at all. It was her Sarah, the girl who she considered as her own daughter, and the hope flickered in her chest that she would be able to rejoice at Pablo's success. In vain.