Meeting you😋

Au: elementary school
Ages: Luke:6 Zander:6

Zanders pov:

I was alone at my desk at school, I was devastated since my parents had a divorce and life's been really hard. Stuffs not even good at school, it's just me trying to pay attention to the teacher and me being alone at recess...until, a boy came and sat next to me. He had big, light yellow eyes with galaway girl ginger hair.

"Hey, I'm Luke! And you areee????" He said so happily, I'm jealous of how bright he looks...

I say: "I'm Zander" trying to keep polite and not hug him like he's my best friend, I really need a hug..

Luke: "weeell what are you doing alone???"
Zander:"uhm...reading?"
Luke:"Kewwllll!!"
Zander:"yeah, but I'm only looking at the pictures, I can't read well yet..."
Luke:"me tooo!!"

Is this boy trying to make fun of me or something? Why is he talking to me like we've known each other since kindergarten?

Luke:"Wanna play with me at recess?? All my other friends just play football all day."
Zander:"sure I guess"

After what feels like 3 years recess comes, with me somehow looking forward to playing with someone and not just sitting by the tree being depressed. When recess started luke went to his friends while I kind of...waited? Looking forward to playing with him, but at the same time hoping he's not toying with me.

Luke eventually came over to me and said:"do you always hang out over here?? Not to rude but isn't it boring?"

Zander:"I don't like being in the sun, it's so warm, and I hate it.
Luke:"...okay well wanna play tag with me?"

I literally just told you I don't like the sun-

Zander:"uh..okay?"

Luke touched my hand and said:"tag! You're it!"
I chased after smiling, happy atleast one person was cheering me up.

End for now bestie✨