Chapter 21: The Creeping Doom

I decided to join the guys in some sparring training, especially since now that April was advancing to a higher level, she was ready enough to go against Leo. So, I decided to give her a little bit of encouragement and advice.

"Ok, remember this. He's mostly dominant with his right hand so look out for those katana swings. He sometimes gets cocky but not as bad as Raph. And personally, a little bit of teasing always helps me." I smirked while giving her my explanation.

"Got it. I'm ready for this. How long have you and Leo been sparring together for?"

"Uh... I was ready by the time I was ten, so... five, almost six years." I stated.

"Did he ever go easy on you? Or, did any of them ever go easy on you?"

"No. I hated it when they do that. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't take a good beating . They know my limits, and it's not sparring with them." I smirked confidently.

"And you say I'm cocky." Leo spoke up, giving me a smirk of his own.

"I mean, you are. Most of the time I just beat it outta ya." I laughed.

"Both of you have very much improved your skills. But now, April, let's see if you can defend yourself against Leonardo." Father said.

"Don't think I'm going easy on you this time, April." Leo replied with a cocky smirk as he twirled his katana around.

"Fine by me. Bring it on!" She whipped out her tessen and got in her ready stance.

"Hajime!" Father called out and the spar between them began.

And while they sparred, Raph, who was now fully healed, was sparring against Mikey and Donnie while I watched from the sidelines. I didn't feel like training today.

I've been getting such strange and chilling feelings that have been putting me on edge, but I can't place it. It's a familiar feeling, but heavier, more powerful, and intense. I didn't know what it was, but I'm hoping to find out soon.

Donnie seemed to be doing just fine and even managed to toss one of Raph's sais up into the tree. Until he was suddenly distracted by a falling leaf which gave Raph the perfect chance to easily pin him down.

"Okay, Raph, mercy. White flag! I surrender!" He pleaded.

"Wow, Donnie, I thought you had me there for a second, but that was just embarrassing." He teased before father walked up and gave him a stern look then helped his brother up to his feet.

"You hesitated, Donatello. Why?" Father asked him.

"I know I should have countered, but I-I guess I just drew a blank." He stuttered.

Father decided to end the training session for today and April escorted Donnie out as they headed to his lab.

I looked over at Raph and gave him a knowing look which he just shrugged his shoulders at. "What? You used to like it when I pulled that move. You'd laugh your head off." He chuckled and ruffled my hair before he headed out to the living room while Leo stayed behind to train more.

I playfully rolled my eyes and left the dojo, deciding to go see what was up with Donnie. I just got another other but lighter feeling that something was wrong with him.

"Hey, D. You doing ok?" I asked as I walked inside the lab only to see that it was trashed and absolutely messy. "What the..."

"How did- Mikey!" Donnie looked around before yelling out in anger.

"It jumped off the shelf on its own!-" Mikey came rushing in only to accidentally slip and fall from a pile of pink ooze. "What the? Whoa! Okay, I totally didn't do this. At least I don't think I did this." He smiled nervously as he stood up.