Chapter 17: In Time

The past few weeks we spent searching for Karai was upsetting and hard. I tried my best to stay optimistic, but it was as if I was slipping back into the depressing state. Just I wasn't mad at my father or the others and instead mad at the world for bing so cruel to us. We're already mutants having to live a life of secrecy! Can't we just have our dang family at least?!

I tried to take in a calming breath while muttering and grumbling in French while circling around the water tower on the roof we were staking out on in the middle of the night. It was the only time of day available for us to search for her.

"Give it up, you two. I get you want her back, but she's not gonna come showing her face up out of nowhere. There's nothing we can do. It's been weeks since we last saw her. When she poisoned us!" Raph exclaimed.

"Yeah, Leo. If I can't find a cure, we might have to let Karai go." Donnie spoke up.

"NO! I'm not letting her fall under Shredder's control again! We will find her! Cure or not, we will help her! I don't wanna hear it!" I glared at them, trying my best not to snap, but they weren't being sympathetic.

"It's not that easy, Donnie. You should know. Sometimes you don't have a choice. You think about someone. A lot." Leo stated.

Wait... was he saying... his mind was always on Karai? Does he... like my sister? Well, he told us before that when he and Karai first met, they flirted while fighting against each other. Of course he would go for someone like her. I lightly smirked and leaned in closer to his face as he looked at me confused.

"What?"

"You like my sister.~" I tapped his chest as he sputtered.

"W-what?! No! I-I wouldn't! She's- you're her sister! Isn't there... like... some sorta code for that?..."

"I mean, I'm dating Raph. And we're not actually related. And you were the first one to ever meet her. So... it makes sense." I giggled.

"I-it doesn't matter. She's... you know. We have to help her first before anything happens. Not that I'm saying that something will happen! I'm just saying- if something WERE to happen, then she- we need to-"

I cut him off when I busted out laughing, wrapping my arm around his shoulder. "Ahh, man, Leo. You're adorable when you get teased.~" I laughed some more.

He just gave me a blank look and just rolled his eyes.

"Dudes, I'm never gonna have a crush on a girl. Uh-uh. No way, no sir. This turtle's dedicated to one thing and one thing only. Ninja-ing. Oh, yeah!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Yo, Mikey. I got a little ninja-ing for you right here!" Raph smirked while holding up a water hose that was attached to the water tower and started spraying his brother with the cold water.

Mikey screamed and tried to run away from being sprayed which caused Raph to spray us instead.

"Raphael! Ugh! That's cold! You'll pay for that!" I laughed as I ringed out my now wet hair.

At least now we were having a break and just goofing around and having fun. It feels like it's been forever since we've done something to just let loose.

I was gonna try and sneak my way up to him to tackle him down when a loud boom caught our attention. Thinking it was thunder, we turned up to the night sky only for our eyes to widen in shock. Some sort of glowing portal appeared and a woman came floating out, wearing futuristic headgear and a cape while holding a weird scepter in her hands. She suddenly fell and Mikey rushed forwards to catch her before she hit the ground.

"Whoa! You ok?"

She looked up at him and focused her vision before she too looked shocked. She stood up and looked over all of us and began to geek out.