Chapter 5: Race With The Demon

Being all huddled up next to Raph and sitting in front of the tv with the others late at night was the best way to spend the rest of the day. Except for Mikey's dumb cartoon marathon. I don't get how he and the others like this show. Maybe because it wasn't anime. But, whatever.

Raph gently stroked my arm, sending a wave of comfort down my spine as my arm went numb with a relaxing tingling sensation that threatened to put me to sleep if not for Mikey's constant shouting and raving on about his favorite main character of the show.

"Getting tired there, princess?" Raph asked with a smug smirk on his lips.

I struggled to keep my eyes opened as I easily denied the truth. "No..." I muttered before yawning.

He just played rolled his eyes and pulled me in closer, my head resting against his bicep. My lidded eyes began to droop close again until the loud and sudden broadcast of the news interrupted me.

"W.H.Y.Y breaking news! A word of warning for those planning on driving tonight: Stay home! Reports are coming in of a mysterious driver running people off the road."

"That qualifies as breaking news out here?" Raph asked unamused.

"Back in the city, every driver's a reckless driver. Bring back Crognard!" Mikey shouted.

That's when Donnie, April, and Casey had just gotten back from their long trip to the store, having just heard what was on the news.

"That's him! That's the maniac who nearly trashed us!" Donnie stated.

"You ran into that nut?!" Leo asked concerned.

"More like he ran into us! Over and over. We gotta get back out there and teach that guy a lesson!" Casey said, determined to take down this so called reckless driver.

"Casey, it's not worth it. Just be glad we're all okay." April tried to get the heated situation to die down.

"Yeah, we're m, ugh, mostly okay. I got shell-lash trying to save all the food." Donnie groaned as he rubbed the back of his neck in pain.

"A noble sacrifice, D." Mikey congratulated him proudly.

Donnie just rolled his eyes as he continued to try to sooth his aching neck which April took notice of.

"Your neck okay, Donnie?" She started massaging over his neck, much to Donnie's delight.

He looked over at Casey and gave him a smug smirk, feeling proud he got April's attention. "Ooh. Ooh, yeah, a little lower Aww, yeah, that's hittin' the spot."

Casey grumbled in frustration before crossing his arms and seeming to just try and forget what was playing out in front of him. He was such a jealous guy.

I just rolled my eyes at both the idiot boys and finally let my eyes closed. This was a tomorrow situation and right now I was tired. So I quickly fell asleep with Raph's arm tightly wrapped around me.

—————————

It was now late in the afternoon and Raph wanted to drag me along to head out down the road so Donnie and Casey could test out their new vehicle they built together. They were going to test out the mileage on their new creation. And Mikey also wanted to tag along.

"So... this is practically a speed race?" I asked unamused as Casey was seated in the car right down the road, a good ways away from us.

"Yup. We're gonna see how fast she can go." Donnie nodded.

"Uh huh. And why are all vehicles referred to as shes?" I asked.

"Probably because it takes a lot of paint for it to look good." Casey replied smugly over the other end of the phone.