Chapter 20: Attack Of The Mega Shredder

I had just woken up after sleeping in for much longer than I expected. I tend to sleep in a lot whenever it rains and storms. It's calming to me. But I wasn't prepared to see a very empty lair with only April around.

"April? What are you doing here? Where are the guys?" I asked.

"They went out. Something about a plan to break into Shredder's lair to steal a brain worm so Donnie could reverse engineer it." She explained.

My eyes widen in shock and I immediately fully awake at the thought that they would do something so stupid without me! "Where are they now?!"

Luckily I didn't need an answer when I heard the turnstile and saw that they guys came walking back in. Although, they looked beaten and Leo had to help Raph walk as he was limping.

"Guys!" April and I quickly rushed to their side as Leo set Raph down on the couch.

April quickly headed to the kitchen to get ice packs and I went into Donnie's lab to grab some gauze and bandages. April helped Donnie while I helped Raph.

"What the heck were you idiots thinking?!" I asked, but I was more worried than angry.

"I... I thought we could sneak into Shredder's lair and find a way to save Karai." Leo stated.

"And you didn't even involve me even though that's my own sister. You're lucky you're all too injured for me to beat the living daylights outta y'all." I groaned and helped wrapped Raph's sprained ankle.

"We're fine, princess. Just got a little out numbered." He brushed it off.

"And you would've been fine is you hadn't ticked off the rhino." Donnie added which caused me to glare harder at the red clad idiot.

I could see that Raph was avoiding eye contact, probably too angry and a shame to admit the truth but at least he didn't deny it. I just sighed and finished wrapping the bandages and sat down next to him. "Next time you go one another mission like that come and get me. I'm a part of this team for a reason."

"We know, princess. But we didn't want you to get hurt. And that's coming from us."

"Well you can't go out anymore for right now. You have a sprained injury so you need to heal up."

"I'll heal later. Right now, I'm down for a little sweet revenge." He glared determinedly.

And even though I admit his fury was hot, he was still an idiot. Before I could try to talk some sense into him, father suddenly spoke up.

"You proved your foolishness once, there is no need to prove it again."

"Sensei, we have to get one of those brain control worms. It's the only way Donnie can create a cure for Karai." Leo stated. And though I agreed with him that we needed to save Karai, I just think that maybe there's a different way we can go at this.

"I appreciate the effort. But you must remember your lives are just as important to me, my sons and daughter. And because of that, no missions until Raphael's leg heals." Father ordered.

"What? Not again." Donnie and Mikey both groaned at the thought of being somewhat grounded again. But this time I agree with him.

"Don't sideline the rest of the team cause I'm down, Sensei!" Raph tried to argue.

"I have made my decision. Rest and get well, my son." Father said before heading back to the dojo.

"Sorry, guys." Raph sighed.

"Hey, don't fret, baby. We'll find a way to help Karai. We'll make sure of it. But right now you need to heal. I don't want you getting hurt even more." I patted his shoulder and gave him a kiss on the cheek.