Chaoter 7: Vision Quest

The day began with a simple training session. However, it was slightly different. Today's lesson: cracking logs. Not sure how helpful or useful that is but I was so bored that I was up for anything. Although Leo wasn't with us as he went out into the woods to do some training on his own.

"Alright, team. If you can clobber Kraang, you can crack logs. Watch and learn." Raph demonstrated by performing a few simple moves before easily destroying a stack of logs. "Like that?~" He asked smugly.

I playfully rolled my eyes at how much of a show off he was while April and Casey looked unimpressed.

"Just to boost your ego, sure." I shrugged.

"Right. Your turn, April." He looked over at the red headed girl.

"Sure you don't want me to soften it up for you, red?" Casey asked as he held the log up in his hands.

"Just hold it straight. Wouldn't want to miss and accidentally kick that smug grin off your face." She retorted and got in a ready stance.

"Oh, snap." Mikey muttered.

"Remember, it's not just physical strength that breaks the wood. It's also inner strength." Donnie added.

"I got this." She smirked.

I rolled my eyes at their banter and watched as April accidentally kicks Casey to the ground in the process, though she didn't seem sorry. I lightly laughed as Donnie walked over to Casey and mocks him, much to Casey's annoyance.

"Ooh, I wish I could see that in instant replay. How's that mud taste, Casey?" He laughed before we all heard the sound of footsteps and looked over to see a weak and beaten Leo. "Leo!"

We all rushed over to him as Raph ran up to his side, helping him stand up.

"Dude, what happened to you? Are you ok?" I asked.

"I had a realization in the woods." He answered.

"That going off alone in the woods with a bum leg was a bad idea?" Raph asked sarcastically.

"No, it's just what I need. What we all need. We're so caught up in T-phones and junk food and tv that we've become at odds with nature. A true ninja must become one with it to master himself." He stated.

"Hey, man. You leave tv out of this." Mikey glared at him.

"Even Master Splinter did it. He said only when you become one with nature can you make peace with yourself." Donnie spoke up.

"Make peace? What are we, hippies? We're ninjas!" Raph responded.

"We'll do three days of meditation and practiced awareness in the wilderness, only eating what we can forage." Leo said, having to have already made up his mind.

"Three days? We're gonna live like animals. Ahh!" Mikey exclaimed.

"I think Leo might've taken one too many kicks to the head." Casey muttered making me elbow his side harshly.

"No, Leo's right. Camping's a great idea. I'm tired of being stuck at the farmhouse." April smiled at the thought

"I'm sorry, April. This trip is ninjas only." Leo replied as Raph helped him back inside.

"But I'm almost a Kunoichi!" She argued.

"Yeah, almost." Raph responded making her look back at him annoyed.

"Then what about me?" I asked. I was a fully trained ninja, but I don't think I was really up for this task. I was doing fine on my own.

"You can join if you want. But I'd much rather you'd stay here." Leo told me.

I just sighed and nodded my head. Though I was worried for them, I knew that once Leo made his mind up, it was impossible to make him change it. And I'm certain they'll be fine. I didn't get any of those bad feelings so I suppose everything will be ok.

The guys all headed inside to start packing up while April and Casey just continued to train more. As for me, I headed inside to at least say goodbye and good luck.

"Hope you can survive out there." I said to Raph with a small laugh.

"We will. Though we were raised in the sewers, turtles belong in the wild. Plus, Leo's orders." He rolled his eyes.

"Which is surprising cause you hate listening to his orders." I chuckled.

"True. But for now I'll go easy on him. Think you can survive three days without me?" He asked with a smug smirk.

"I survived a couple of months out in the city on my own before. I'll be fine." I smirked back.

"That's my girl." He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss then grabbed his bag. "We'll be back."

"Take your time. I'm not going anywhere." I smiled at him and followed him outside where the others were waiting.

I gave each of my brothers a quick hug before wishing them luck, watching them walk off into the woods and out of our sights. Three days time starting now. Although I'm curious on what they're gonna do and/or find out there. Hopefully they'll tell me everything when they get back.

——————————

I spent the next few days just enjoying my time and heading back to that relaxing pond that Raph showed me. Ever since he first brought me I've been heading back here as much as I could to just relax and let my serpent side slither around freely.

Although lately I've been getting heavy feelings, not knowing if it was unsettling or just... lingering in the air. I never had the thought that something was wrong, but more as if something was going down deep in the woods without my knowing.

I let out a heavy sigh when I had basked myself in enough sunlight to get my energy up and start my day. Even though it was in like the middle of the day by now. April and Casey were still training again with April still failing to simply crack the log in half. Casey was really starting to get annoyed by constantly being kicked down into the ground.

"If you knock me into the mud one more time, red..." Casey glared as he held up another log for her.

"Oh? What are you gonna do about it?" She asked smugly before bracing herself and side kicked her leg into the air, managing to crack the log in half this time. "Finally! Yes!" She cheered as she did a victory dance while Casey looked speechless, but not for the reason April thought. "What? Nothing to say? Didn't think I could do it, did you? Casey? What?"

Casey's look of shock confused me so I followed to where his eyes were trailing at and looked behind me, only to see the guys were back from their expedition. Only, they were dressed from head to toe in old fashioned warrior outfit with banners with painted Japanese calligraphy. I slowly approached them as April also looked back at the guys in shock.

"What happened out there?..." I asked as my eyes trailed over each one of them, getting a good look at their tattered clothes and newly crafted weapons.

"It's time. We're going back to New York." Leo stated with a firey determined look in his eyes.

"W-what? We are? We're going home?" I asked hopefully.

"That we are, princess." Raph responded with a smirk before lunging forward and grabbing by my waist, spinning me around in the air. "We're taking back taking back the city!"

I laughed as Raph set me back down and gave me a passionate kiss. "I can't believe it..."

"Believe it. We're gonna get our city back, defeat the Kraang, and find Splinter."

"F-father? He's alive?" I gasped.

"He is." Leo spoke up in a serious tone. "His spirit appeared to us. Though he said he's not one with his body."

"We'll find him, though. We have to." I said.

"And we will. Everyone, start getting ready. We leave tomorrow." Leo ordered.