Chapter 8: Return To New York

"Ever since the invasion that is known as the invasion of New York, humans want to know what is going on. Everything is fine. No human is allowed in or out of the city until Kraang- uh, the military allows it. This is Carlos Kraang O'Brien Gambe." The usual news reported spoke on the tv, although he didn't have his usual peppiness that he always showed. It was almost as if he was being forced or controlled to say those things.

"Hmm, did the news guy seem a little Kraangy to you?" Mikey asked suspiciously as she stared at the old tv.

"A little? What, are you on the pepperoni?" Raph asked sarcastically after smacking the back of his head with a rolled up magazine.

"The Kraang may have the rest of the world fooled, but not us. What's the plan, Leo?" April asked my brother.

"Step one, storm the castle walls. Donnie?" Leo looked over at his purple clad brother.

"It's not as heavily armored as the Shellraiser, but it's more maneuverable, has more weapons, and gets better gas mileage." Donnie explained as he placed down a chart of blueprints with an upgraded looking van.

"Then let's stop jabbering and build this sucka!" Casey exclaimed excitedly.

We immediately headed to the barn where the van was parked and began working on the new improvements. Adding in secret weapons and gadgets, re-enforced armor, and even a new paint job.

Even Raph added one of his own artistic designs, naming it 'Venus' which I smirked at.

"You're quite the artist." I complimented.

"I learned by watching the best." He smirked as he snaked his arm around my waist.

"Smooth.~" I playfully rolled my eyes and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

"Hey, love birds. Quit making goo goo eyes and help out." Casey called out.

I rolled my eyes and got out my tessen, throwing it right at his chest and knocking him back. "We're working!"

Raph lightly chuckled before switching sides and helping the guys with the last of the adjustments before they all stepped back and admired their finished work.

"The new and improved party wagon!" Donnie exclaimed.

"It's so awesome!" Raph smirked.

"Alright, guys! Let's get back to New York and take back WHAT WAS RIGHTFULLY OURS! SHOW THE KRAANG NO MERCY!" I shouted, full of excitement as I felt the rush of adrenaline through my body along with the urge to end the existence of those cursed aliens.

Everyone looked at me with confusion and concern while Raph just gave me a smug smirk.  "Looks like someone got their mojo back."

"Let's go! Everyone, pack up now or else your things will get left behind! LET'S DO THIS! WHOOOO!" I fist pumped the air.

——————————

After a very heartfelt and sentimental goodbye to the nature and the farmhouse, we all huddled up in the back of the van as Casey and April were up in the front.

It was a slightly long drive back to New York and I was amped up the entire drive. It wasn't until late at night when we showed up closer to New York's border that the feeling of adrenaline intensified.

"New York! New York! New York! NEW YORK! NEW YOOOORRRRK!" I chanted.

"Someone is really excited to be going home." Leo chuckled.

"Are you kidding?! I'm ready to crush some Kraang skulls! NO HOLDING BACK!" I shouted.

"Love the energy, little sis. But make sure to save most of it for the fight." Leo warned.