Chapter 13: The Noxious Avenger

Running across the rooftops during the day while still staying out of sight really got my blood pumping. What's even better was who we were going after. We got an alert that Michael Jackson and Hammer Head were trying to infiltrate an old Kraang lab for something. Not sure what yet, but we'll find out.

Leo was the first one to enter in the building, jumping through the open broken window and kicking Ivan back in the face as all of us made an appearance.

"What the what? How'd you find us?!" Zeck exclaimed before he started firing his hip lasers from his tech suit.

"By staking out Shredder's lair for 15 hours straight!" Donnie stated.

"That, and you're driving a van with a Bebop and Rocksteady sign on it." Mikey added.

"Well, whatever the case. Privyet to you boys again. Michael Jackson, Hammer Head. Was the drive long?" I asked jokingly.

"Girl, you are SERIOUSLY getting on my nerves with that name!" Zeck yelled.

"You'll come to terms with it. So what's with the chemical?"

"As if we'd be stupid enough to tell your sorry self!" Zeck continued to fire at us which we all dodged and blocked.

"Eh, worth a shot." I shrugged then ducked down.

"Eat mutagen!" Zeck held up that canister of the glowing ooze before throwing it at Mikey who screamed and ducked his head down in time as the canister went flying out the window.

"Wait, no!" I tried to grab it but was too late.

"What brings you two morons here anyway? Dexter Flyface's grocery list?" Raph asked mockingly.

"Is not grocery list! Run. We cannot return to Shredder with the empty hand!" Ivan retorted.

"That's my cue to bounce. I'm outie five thousand!" Zeck turned invisible and shoved Leo aside, jumping out the window while Ivan went charging right at us, knocking us down roughly before following after his partner.

"Oh, Raph, never mock one thousand pound rhino man. Kay? Thanks..." Mikey groaned.

"Brush it off, boys." I groaned and stood back up, dusting myself off. "Let's just head back and figure out what to do."

We all went jumping out the window and landed back on the rooftops, rushing back to the lair. But I had a deep unsettling feeling all of a sudden that caused me to stop.

The others didn't notice and continued to rush home before I reluctantly followed after them. I figured out I shouldn't stop ignoring those weird feeling, but right now I couldn't address it. But what I did know is that whenever I get a feeling, whatever it is usually finds us instead.

We got back to the lair Leo began to tend to Mikey who got hurt the most, placing an ice pack on his head while Donnie looked down at his phone.

"According to the lab's records, two things are missing: mutagen-"

"Which they threw at my head." Mikey spoke up.

"Which they threw at Mikey's head, and Reagent-X, an ingredient needed to make a mind control serum." Donnie finished.

"Ugh, no. Shredder is getting close to figuring this out. And if he does... we're doomed." I panicked.

"Take it easy. We'll find out what Shredder is trying to use it for and stop him." Leo reassured.

"So what's the game plan?" Raph asked.

"Reagent-X still needs an additional chemical solvent in order to work." Donnie stated.