Date

Siren

I am completely out of my comfort zone but in order for men who work with Lincoln Stanton to pay you any attention, you have to look the part. And so I went to a salon and explained to the lady that I had a hot date with a rich man later tonight and he needs to see the very gorgeous side of me. She needed no explanation as her and her friends started from my hair to my face.

I looked brand new but I don't dwell on that. Looks are hardly a thing that ever comes to my mind. As long as I look and feel clean, anything extra feels useless. I was wearing a long matte dress that I bought on my way to the salon and some gloves that reach my wrists. As much as the gloves make me look like I'm ready for my date and match my dress, they are so I'm ready for whatever happens and I don't want to get my hands dirty.

I'm a ruthless killer and I enjoy the fuck out of it but I also need to be clean in a world where there is law, murder cases and people with a right to be curious. I need my job as clean as possible, no matter how enjoying it'll be when I am covered in my enemy's blood. That is.. if Mr Salian is an enemy.

I specifically chose this restaurant for many reasons but specific ones are. It's a hot spot for rich people in Florida. It's not that crowded because very few people are able to get tables and it is only after I name dropped Mr Salian when I got just the right place. It is also next to the beach and has the perfect view of the white sandy beaches with blue ocean waters.

I've never set foot at the beach before and if I was any normal girl who escaped a place like I did, I should've been using my freedom for things like that. To feel free. To explore. But I knew this was temporary and that meant I have to get on Mr Salian's side before the month is over and I'm forced to actually find some work. And I can't do that whilst trying to be on a possible billionaire's list of important people because I need his help to rid another mob member.

The man that greets me at the door is very sweet as he finds someone to lead me to the booth Mr Salian and his associates usually meet at. Granted that wasn't what I requested, they still gave me it.

It's private. Higher than the floor I requested and it's fancier with a mix of dark and grey. There are round couches that focus on the view and it's people that look like a bunch of ants on the streets. I feel an overwhelming sensation when I look out of the window. This is much better than what I requested. And luck is definitely on my side with the way things are going well.

I spent five minutes alone, with the waitress that keeps coming to ensure I was alright. I decided to order a water since I not only don't drink but I want to be focused and I need my senses sharp.

I was beginning to see that the man wasn't coming and so with another gulp of my water, I was about to get up before a figure appeared right next to my chair. The whooshing of his body allows the intoxicating scent of whatever cologne he wears to engulf me like flames on gasoline.

I take a small little breath, my body approving the smell. The man doesn't say a thing when he takes a seat in front of me. His eyes meet mine, a hint of annoyance in his gaze but it is soon replaced with indifference.

His presence is noticeable and I'm sure it was noticeable the minute he entered in the restaurant but I wasn't paying attention to it. He emits raw power and strength and yet he hasn't said anything. His gaze is piercing and it analyses me like it's trying to piece together something but when he doesn't come to a conclusion, he speaks,

His head slightly tilts to the side. "Are you lost little girl?" there wasn't a threat to his side, just a man that attempts to dominate me but I've met men like this. I've met men like Baranova, which only makes me want to forget about this whole shenanigan but I'm already here and it's way too late to change now.