~S

Dominico

Things could not have been more horrible for me.

For the last few months, I have been cleaning out my workers, connections and business. I found a rat last year and I hate those. As much as I am Italian, most of my men mistake me for someone who gives a shit about their well-being. I did not get this position by caring for anyone, I took the position and I'm going to continue to show them that whatever rule they were under with my father, I am most definitely not like him.

Of course being in an underground business world means no one is fully to trust but I also value loyalty. There's nothing Italians prioritize more than having loyalty. Now that was all threatened and the fool worked with the Russians. Specifically Antonello, a Bratva member. The Bratva attempted to ruin my operation and they made a big mistake.

Now I'm not a man who panics. It's simply not in my nature to do so and so after I made an example out of the man. I pretended that I'm unbothered that I lost five million dollars because of this little hiccup but money can be replaced. It can be remade.

What can't be replaced or remade is the embarrassment of it all. I don't care about what people think of me and despite my age, I have never been questioned of my position before and it definitely won't start now.

I am a patient man and whilst the Bratva anxiously awaits for retaliation, I'm still planning it. I don't know how I'm going to retaliate but that guess was very short lived when I got a call later today.

Lincoln Stanson, one of our best customers. Brutally killed in his townhouse. From the way it looked, the killer did not immediately kill him but they tortured him and gave him a slow death as if they wanted revenge on him or something. I wouldn't have given a shit since most of these stuck up rich white politicians make too many enemies but the note his killer left is what interested me.

I have a proposal for you. I hope this sweet gesture is enough to get your attention.

Meet me.

~S

And then the fool decided to leave an address of a restaurant near the beach. They provide no threat. No promise, nothing. They just killed Lincoln because they can.

Lincoln was found dead by one of my men who was left a voice message by his phone that recorded most of the process and he heard the man gurgle in screams from whoever was with him and the bastard is sick. Although, their voice didn't sound in the background, it was just Lincoln's pathetic screams and cries. I wouldn't have cared had he not said the first sentence. A proposal for me.

What could be of this surprise? He wants a meeting by the end of the week and I'm assuming he wants to meet alone but I don't know who this person is and they did not do a sloppy job. If anything, they did not crash Lincoln's house. They did not fire any alarms. All that was crashed was a lamp and the glass table that obviously had a body thrown at it and by the police analysis my connection provided, his body had cuts from the glass table.

There wasn't a single possession stolen. They just came for him specifically.

The person managed to over power Lincoln. He may have been a playboy and an idiot that does drugs more than he should, but he was also very well built because he liked getting the attention from women. Surely this person is bigger than him or he is more skilled in combat than him to easily overpower him as so.

His rug was filled with blood, his blood. None of it a drop of the person's and there wasn't a single hair aside from Lincoln's and all that tells me this person is not an amateur. Matter of fact, they just might be a person of interest.