Amara

Siren

Viktor leads us to his car. The grey truck he likes to drive around in and he leads me to its backseat where something is draped over it. He didn't tell me why he asked me to come here but I'll admit and say I have started trusting him.

When he opens the back, a tire is there but on the center of the tire is a backpack. A backpack that is obviously filled with things only I am supposed to know about and instead of matching the happiness on his face, mine was seething.

I give him a glare, one that makes me want to strangle him and suffocate him with a fucking pillow for his stupidity and carelessness.

"Why the fuck would you go there without telling me?" His face instantly drops at my poisonous words but if he thinks I'll have some human like feeling like regret, he has met the wrong person.

"Well I thought since you can't leave the house and it's a long wa-"

I cut him off. "Try not to think again. That place is close to the-" I close my eyes taking a much needed deep breath before I say more than I should. "I don't want to endanger any of you. This is my problem and I don't want your face being caught in the fire remember?"

"Well what's done is done now." He shrugs closing the thing. "And how do you have so many stacks of money? Is that why you got roughed up? Because you stole money?"

"Your curiosity will get you killed and no." Well, technically yes I did take the money but I've never been given any money so I had every right to take it since I wasn't given a job either. "I don't have to explain myself to you."

"Actually you do." He crosses his arms in challenge. I know he's not dense enough not to notice the little bits of information I give him but the smaller the better.

"Only if you tell Alexei about your little crush."

His face instantly pales and he starts stammering in his words mumbling a "I don't know what you're talking about." I roll my eyes as he scratches the back of his head in nervousness.

"Does he also like men?"

He sighs, knowing I'm not letting it go. Mostly because I'm trying to take the attention away from me and questions I don't want to answer. "I don't know but I'm also not out yet either. A lot of people in my life are homophobic and I don't want to disappoint them."

"So you'd rather disappoint yourself?"

"What? No I-"

"Your sister was bisexual." I blurt out before I could even think about what's coming out of my mouth.

"What? How do you kn-" His eyes flicker with realization before he could finish his sentence. "You knew her. When did you meet her? Is she okay? Why didn't you say this before because mom and dad would be happy t0-"

"You can't tell your parents this." Out of everyone in his family, he looks like someone who can take the truth but just not the whole truth. "I was kidnapped like her and she and I developed a relationship years ago. She was fine until.."

"They trained you to be assassins and she got killed in the process?" Well, that's not entirely what happened but nonetheless I nod.

There was a long pause between us, his face held so many emotions and I actually do regret telling him this. Not because I care but because now he's going to get all emotional on me and it will get me uncomfortable and I don't know how much more I can take around these people. I need my isolation again before I go completely nuts.

"Okay. I have a friend that can get you a fake ID and passport in a day. If we make a quick drive in town right now, I can get them by tomorrow." He changed the subject.