Episode 1 - The Beginning of a New Journey

Start from the beginning

Yuria took in the sight with glee and breathed in the salty ocean air. The salt in the air was so thick that she could taste it on her tongue with just those few breaths. Up above cried a hungry seagull eyeing a large fish to snatch for breakfast. Yuria gazed around the scene before her eyes rested on her target. There by one of the docks was a humble blue and white fishing boat. The members of the boat were unloading boxes while simultaneously bringing up boxes of other resources.

"W-wait! Don't leave yet!" Yuria breathlessly yelled to the fishing boat when she stumbled closer. Hearing her call out, a burly dark-haired fisherman glanced over to where she was before he grinned.

"Yuria-chan! Hurry up, we almost left without you!" The man grinned even wider as she drew closer.

"Zac-san, that's not funny! I'm on time, right?" Yuria whined finally able to catch her breath. Zac chuckled and set down the box he was carrying onto the fishing boat.

"Sorry, sorry. I know how much this means to you and yeah you're right on time." He gestured to the fishing boat where the rest of the crew sat fanning themselves with whatever they had available. "Hop right on."

Yuria grinned as she pulled herself up onto the boat. This was it. She was finally going to be on her way to achieving her dream. She was going to draw all the Devil Fruit users of the world!

Yuria wanted to scream at God if he existed up in those pretty clouds above.

She groaned as she laid her head down on the table her finger tracing the wood grain. She hadn't been paying attention when Zac told her how long the trip to the next island would be. So, it was no surprise she began to die of boredom after two days on the slowly cruising fishing boat. Don't get her wrong- she was grateful that they allowed her on the boat since they were already heading in that direction, but she really wasn't mentally prepared for the trip.

The first day had been amazing. All the new sights, sounds, and smells almost overwhelmed her senses as she took in as much as she could. The salty breeze, the crash of the waves, and the glorious endless blue sea. Not to mention her excitement for her new journey filled her with jitters at the prospects of what she was going to find. She spent the whole day sketching away all the sights.

The second day...not so much. The weather had taken a turn for the worst with the waves rocking the boat vigorously. The second day is where the seasickness began and she had spent the majority of the day either spewing rainbows over the railing or laying down below deck.

Now on day three of the fishing boat, she couldn't wait to arrive at their destination. However, at least on this day, she was well enough to at least do something else other than being seasick. She pulled out her leather-bound journal and ink pots from her satchel.

Her fingers lightly brushed over the cover before opening to the first page which remained as blank as when she first received the journal. Since she had officially started her journey she decided that it was only right to input her first entry into it.

Carefully opening up the pots she had planned to use she hovered a finger over one of them. Like magic, colored liquid began to flow from her fingertip into the small ceramic pot.

"Woah, how did you do that?" Startled Yuria almost dropped the pot, but managed to steady it on the table. "Oops, sorry, Yuria-chan."

Yuria mock glared at the voice which belonged to the fishing boat's captain, Zac who flashed her an apologetic look. Carefully wiping down the edges of the now-filled ink pot she set it down before explaining.

"I'm a Devil Fruit user. I ate the Inku-Inku no Mi and I'm now an Ink Human!"

"Ooooooh." Zac sat down on the other seat at the table. "Watcha gonna do with the ink?"