Episode 6 - The Roots That Run Deep

How to Eat Life - Eve

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Opening 1

Chapter warning: Human trafficking. You have been warned!

There will be no section markers as this is a topic prevalent throughout the chapter and story.

»»»---------------------------------»»»

Maybe this hadn't been a great idea. 

Maybe she wasn't prepared for this. 

Maybe something could go wrong.

Maybe she was looking for any reason to back out...but she couldn't no matter how much the fear ate at her mind. 

However, no matter how much training one does it doesn't help against an inner demon that has only grown the farther you run from it. 

Yuria stared up at the wooden door engraved with the crest

Yuria stared up at the wooden door engraved with the crest. Silently she raised her hand to trace the pattern. It was morbidly comforting that it hadn't changed from the last time she saw it since it symbolized how while she moved on, this part of her life stayed in her past. At least she had hoped it would stay in the past, but here she was.  

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. When the door opened, she was greeted by a lady in a white dress.

Well, damn. I knew I wasn't the tallest person, but this lady's a giant...

The lady was tall, but she was surprisingly thin and willowy. Her blonde hair was curled perfectly as it floated around her and she had an aura that reminded Yuria of depictions of angels. The lady gave Yuria a warm smile.

"H-hello." Yuria struggled with a nervous smile and raised her hand up shakily. She was just dressed in the flowy dress from before which currently looked a little worse for wear with random frayed threads and stitched patches. 

"Hello. What is it you need, young lady?" 

"I-I'm sorry to bother you! I was told you were hiring people by Medo-san and I was wondering if I could work for you since I don't know what to do! M-my siblings and I just moved from another town and because we don't have parents anymore I need help feeding them and so, I was w-wondering if I could be of help so I can earn some Be-" Yuria's rambling was stopped by the lady's hand as Yuria hastily shut her mouth.